Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are other people shooting or using for lighted nocks and what size or item number do they take for 20” Bloodsport Witness.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Firenock , been using them for years on countless different types of game and atmosphere no doubt the most expensive but in my opinion no doubt they're the best

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Firenock or nothing

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
been using the the Parker lighted capture nocks. great nock but for safety sake you need to check with the manufacturer of your crossbow to see what they say to use.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Red hot parker lighted nocks on this end with my Scorpyd.
One bear and six deer wirh no issues....battery life is fantastic as I still have the original batteries in all of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input but I am looking for specifically, as stated in original post, Bloodsport Witness Bolts 20”. I shoot a Barnett Raptor FX 3 Pro with half moon nocks. Would like to know sizes or item numbers if anyone is using a similar setup as these bolts have more FOC weighting and was specifically wanting know what others with similar setup are using as to achieve best flight.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looks like the Witness has an inside diameter of .300 which is the same as the Black Eagles so all the above mentioned lighted nocks should work fine.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Here is a link: http://www.bloodsportarchery.com/witness-crossbow-arrow-238
At the bottom they list the 20" and 22" as the same 325 grain?? The 22" should be at least 20
to 28 grain heavier unless a lighter insert was used. Bare arrow shafts can be 9.8, 10.5, 11.5
or 13.98 grain. Common inserts weigh 56, 72, 92 and 110 grain.The 325 grain will be the
complete arrow with out a point.
I have the Clean Shot Nock Out Lighted Nocks. They come three to a package with 3 each
adapter bushings: .285, .297, and .300 These have a tiny ring which can be turned to allow
shooting in the practice mode (blocks the nock from moving forward to activate the light.
Viewing these, shot in the dim light of my shop, and viewing a video of the Fire Nock, I find
the Fire Nock to be a lot brighter. My nocks were new when tested. These nocks weigh 34
grain, which is 24 grain heavier than a stock nock.
All the best.

·
Huntoholic
10,665 Posts
There's what works, and then what works every time, I have tried most and won't use nothing but the best, from my experience, and no I won't mention the three brands that failed misserably for me, I use FIRENOCK, some think they are expensive, I think when they never fail, and you recover em every time with yer arrow, under the snow or in heavy foliage and corn stubble,,, well you not only get what you pay for, but with firenock they are the least expensive as well as the best, from the experiences I have had with the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts