Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these two the same thing and how do you do them. refering to the post about getting busted. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
210 Posts
blowing and snort wheez are not at al lthe same. Blow can be a spook call, a contact call any number of things and sounds alot different than a snort wheez. The snort wheez is a "challenge" call that bucks make. You can get a snort wheez call through many places. I got one this year but haven't used it in the field yet. Waiting until later in the season when it is more "appropriate" to what the deer will respond to.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I started snort weezing last year. I did it on a cruising cow hown spike last year during the last week of bowseason. I just did it with my mouth, blowing air through a funnel I made with my release hand. He stopped and came stomping in looking for a fight. He got to 45 yards and skylined me in my climber. It was sure cool tho.

And yes, the blow is a warning call made by deer when the sense danger.

·
Registered
210 Posts
to blow, i just try my best to sound exactly like they do when they blow...kinda like a sneeze without the Aaaaach part :confused: ...more like a "Sheeewwww" sound...hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
older "blowing" call.

i have a small older call that i attach to my truetalker lanyard........................

i believe it's an old "lohman" call.

works pretty well. i use it very sparingly. when all other types of calls fail in my area...........that one at least gets some attention.

camoham

1 - 6 of 6 Posts