Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because it’s been the off season for me for about a year, I’ve tried countless of bows from all manufactures but I keep going back to elite for their let off. I shoot the E32 at around 65lbs

Well I finally tried A Nitrum Turbo. I set it at 55lbs so that the speed of the arrow should be very close to my E32 at 65lbs... the draw cycle is so easy it baffles me that the arrow is going the same speed. This turbo feels like a kids bow in terms of draw cycle!

The reason I have started this thread is to see if you guys could post up some of your low poundage turbo speed numbers. I don’t have a chrono but after doing the math I should be shooting around 278-280 at 55lb, 28.5” draw and 411 grain arrow (but the arrow seems to be moving slower than that from just watching the arrow hit the bag)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
430 grain arrow 65lbs at 29” measured dl 297fps on a pro chrono. Slowest was 295 but the average was 297.
I dropped it to 55 but didn’t chrono it. It maxes at 65lbs. Has jbk strings on it and is a great shooting bow.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so my 411 grain at 55lb and 28.5” should be right around 275-277

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
wish i never sold mine

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I’m debating on getting a evolve but hate to sell my Nitrum but think I may list my Podium and see if it sells and buy another bow for indoor later. I just wanna try the evolve ha!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Nitrum was ok. Thought the spyder was better. Not impressed with the defiant series. FYI my evolve 35 with fl mods shoots as fast as the nitrum and faster than the spyder and the defiants.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
#1 cam nitrum turbo in the e slot at 26 inch draw. 440 grain Easton axis at 290 FPS, my 60lb turbo with the same arrow shoots it at 270 FPS average through my chrono. They are insanely fast in the #1 cams. I bought the 60lb for a late season and back up bow. Picked it up the other day, full hunting set up. Shot a 298 16x Vegas face score with Easton axis arrows. With some fine tuning and practice over the winter il shoot multiple 300 rounds with it. The nitrum turbos are my favorite hoyts of all time.

·
Registered
11,459 Posts
I have a nitrum 34 I would love to trade for a turbo lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I have a nitrum 34 I would love to trade for a turbo lol

I thought about getting a 34 but really still wanna try the evolve ha!

·
Registered
11,459 Posts
I thought about getting a 34 but really still wanna try the evolve ha!

I got one for sale I can make you good deal on

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The 34 is stupid smooth. I sold my 34 for another turbo. My 34 was coming in at 340 ibo though. They are quick too.

·
Premium Member
6,257 Posts
I tried a defiant pro turbo and damn was that think noisy on the shot!

The Nock on the Turbo is the hand shock and noise. I am done with the Hoyt turbo’s since last years Disaster Turbo.

·
Full-time Dork
2,195 Posts
My NT is WAY better than my 34 was and way smoother than the dfx and dfx turbo . Me and my NT just mesh extremely well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts