Bowmanstown..Terry-570 818 4200
Slatington........Club-610 767 0800 Roy-610 393 9466
Nis Hollow.......Dan-484 464 3105
West Penn.......Bandit-570 233 5587

·
DCAP
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club.......................810 0 Gun Club Rd, New Tripoli, PA 18066
Bowmanstown Archery Club......................525 Club Rd, Palmerton, PA 18071 (Archery range is driveway just north of gun club parking lot)
Slatington Skeet & Sporting Assoc..............8112 Skeet Club Rd, Slatington, PA 18080
Nis Hollow Hunting Club.......................... .638 Upper Nis Hollow Drive, Lehighton, PA 18235
West Penn Archery Club.......................... .147 Archery Club Rd, New Ringgold PA 17960

·
DCAP
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank for the bump Glenn and congratulations on your performance at the Lancaster Classic :thumb:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Few questions:

1) How does the league work? Do I have to make a certain number of shoots at each club to compete? (I will also be shooting in the Berks County Bowmen league)

2) Known or Unkown distance and what are the classes?

3) Can I share this schedule on another site? (I have a FB page for nothing but advertising archery shoots)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Don't want to rob Bandits post. But the league operates as follows. You as a shooter would have to shoot for one of the clubs in the league( no need to be a member of the club that you decide to shoot for). you would also be required to make 2 shoots at each club,
or have 10 Scoreable shoots, but also must patronize the clubs you did not have any shoots at, by paying a $10.00 fee. Example( you have 4 shoots at slatington, 4 shoot at west penn, 2 at nis hollow. Now you would also need to pay for 2 shoots at Ontelaunee and Bowmanstown @ 10.00 per shoot.) The Yardage is Unknown, No range finders allowed, Binoculars are allowed. no yardage discussions, the classes are as follows. Hunter Class-30Yds. Max, Hunter advanced Class- 40Yds. Max. Comp Class-50 Yds Max. +/- a yard or two.
Equipment has no real restrictions, But we don't like to see someone using a Competition(MBO) setup at a hunter stake. there are also traditional and crossbow classes. We also encourage younger shooters(novice). to come shoot, and also allow them to move up closer to targets to fit their comfort level of shooting distance. You may also feel free to share this schedule on other sites. I hope I have answered some of your questions. There are also benefits to qualified shooters at the final shoot that I won't get into, but if you want, feel free to give me a call I would be glad to discuss any other questions or give more detailed info. 610-393-6013.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Don't want to rob Bandits post. But the league operates as follows. You as a shooter would have to shoot for one of the clubs in the league( no need to be a member of the club that you decide to shoot for). you would also be required to make 2 shoots at each club,
or have 10 Scoreable shoots, but also must patronize the clubs you did not have any shoots at, by paying a $10.00 fee. Example( you have 4 shoots at slatington, 4 shoot at west penn, 2 at nis hollow. Now you would also need to pay for 2 shoots at Ontelaunee and Bowmanstown @ 10.00 per shoot.) The Yardage is Unknown, No range finders allowed, Binoculars are allowed. no yardage discussions, the classes are as follows. Hunter Class-30Yds. Max, Hunter advanced Class- 40Yds. Max. Comp Class-50 Yds Max. +/- a yard or two.
Equipment has no real restrictions, But we don't like to see someone using a Competition(MBO) setup at a hunter stake. there are also traditional and crossbow classes. We also encourage younger shooters(novice). to come shoot, and also allow them to move up closer to targets to fit their comfort level of shooting distance. You may also feel free to share this schedule on other sites. I hope I have answered some of your questions. There are also benefits to qualified shooters at the final shoot that I won't get into, but if you want, feel free to give me a call I would be glad to discuss any other questions or give more detailed info. 610-393-6013.
Thank you!

I will definitely make it to a few shoots. (Hopefully as early as this Sunday) I'm not sure if I'll be part of your league... but I'm always looking for new places to shoot. If I decide to participate in the league, how do I "Shoot for one of the clubs" if I'm not a member? Do I just randomly pick one? Is there an approval process?

·
DCAP
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It"s all good One Hole Wunder. Thanks for stepping in.

Halonshooter60x, if you wish you can randomly pick a club . May I suggest you shoot some or all clubs and then make a decision. Talking to the person at registration or calling the contact for the club you pick will get you on the team. Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The 3-D course at Ontelaunee for 3-11-18, is all set, be sure to wear your rubber boots if you are planning on shooting tomorrows course.

·
DCAP
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe some nice weather this weekend. Long time coming...Come on out and play

1 - 14 of 14 Posts