Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys after reading and talking to people about the Blue Streak Selects I am going to try them out. My ? is the spine. I talked to a tech at my local bow shop and he said the 250's would be good, another shop said 350, and the arrow chart puts me on the border I think. I have heard with Carbon Express you should go down one spine weight, but not sure to believe that or not. Here is what I am shooting:

Z7 Extreme
Draw Length is 28 1/2
Draw Weight is 70
Arrow Length if I go to the end of the riser is 29" from the arrow rest (ripcord) is 26" 1/2
I am leaning toward going to the end of the riser for broadhead clearance on my fingers, but not sure about it yet.

What do you guys think my spine should be and what do you guys do as far as where you cut your arrows? shorter or longer?

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you are going to cut your arrows at 29 in and you are going to be shooting fixed blade broad heads I would shoot the 350's I am a bow tech for a mathews dealer and with this setup I have always found it easier to tune fixed blade broad heads to fly with the field points when the arrow is closer to the stiff side.

I hope this helps
Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts