Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause my pins to go blurry alot here lately. Iam shooting a copperjohn pro III and am wondering if maybe it might be the 3rd axis doing it! The funny thing is that when they go blurry it is almost like seeing 2 pins at once, so when that happens if I close one eye it goes away. I don't think it is my vision as it is not always like that. It can be fine one minute and blurry the next. Thanks for any ideals you all may have, Bill The Great Outdoors Moderator.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like your eyes are fighting for dominance. If
you close your weak eye, when you open that eye up does it immediately go blurry or sta y clear until you change eye positions?

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
Get your eyes checked.

Get your blood sugar checked too.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm

well I wear glasses but the way I anchor I can't see through my peep with glasses on, and as far as for my blood sugar that is fine. If the pins aren't bright enough will that cause it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Peep located OK?

Can't see through the peep with your glasses on ----- maybe you really need your glasses on to see what you need to ---? Try relocating the peep -

·
Registered
249 Posts
Blurry pins

I wear glasses too. I've experienced this very thing and I find that it's my peep alignment. I had it happen today and I was outside on a sunny day. When it happens move your peep up or down and see if that doesn't help. I stop and go through my setup again. That seems to help too. Also, I've discovered that if I pull back a little more on the string it clears up.

Revman

·
Registered
381 Posts
you may want to look into getting a verifyer lens:rolleyes: (not clairifyer)peep designed to fix exactly what your describing ...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i had the same problem, then I found out I had astigmatism or however its spelled, its pretty common, my doctor didnt even tell me cause it was in my right eye and my left eye balanced it out but when I closed my left eye, thats when things went blurry. It is easliy corrected with glasses or special contacts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same problem when wearing glasses. I had to take them off to shoot due to the bridge over the nose being in the way. Finally I listened to my doctor when he stated I needed Bi-Focals and switched to contacts. Should have done it much sooner. I can now see the target and pins. If either gets blurry all I have to do is blink once. The contacts are weighted and need to rotate in your eye to focus properly. My scores have increased and I will never go back to glasses.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Revman said:
I wear glasses too. I've experienced this very thing and I find that it's my peep alignment. I had it happen today and I was outside on a sunny day. When it happens move your peep up or down and see if that doesn't help. I stop and go through my setup again. That seems to help too. Also, I've discovered that if I pull back a little more on the string it clears up.

Revman
Me too! Sometimes it's a trick getting a peep set up, but worth a little extra effort.:)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly

Dropzone2006 said:
you may want to look into getting a verifyer lens:rolleyes: (not clairifyer)peep designed to fix exactly what your describing ...
exactly what I was thinking!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trust me

trust me here guys it's not my peep, I have moved it all over and thats not it. I also wear contacts and it still happened with those! It's all most like I need to go to the verifier lens in my peep as the pins them selves are not that bright any more. I do think that as soon as I can afford it I'm going to get that lasik eye surgery done.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Dropzone2006 said:

Yepper.. Take a look at the new Lancaster archery catalog, it even has an ad in there about it.

BUT... Just like others have said, you had better get your eyes checked out and make sure you do not have the onset of diabetes. This is a very common signs of this condition. DO NOT let it slide. As this can cause much more serious issues that can destroy organs, etc.

Also, do not know what age you are, BUT, when I reached about 38 to my eyes were the BEST ever, I do wear glasses and have all my life, but the near to far and far to near… wow! At about 39… crap! It was like they went to crap over night and my near to far was all screwed up and I had to go to scopes on my rifles as the regular sights, were blurry.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just My Experience

I AM BY NO WAY AS INTELLIGENT AS ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE, BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. I HAD BEEN SHOOTING A PSE SIGHT WITH 19 THOUSANDTHS PINS ON THEM. WHEN I GOT MY NEW BOW I GOT A NEW SET OF VIPER SIGHTS BUT THEY WAS 10 THOUSANDTHS PINS. I SHOT GREAT WITH THEM BUT THEY SEEMED LIKE SOME TIMES THEY WOULD FADE ON ME. I ALSO NOTICED IT HAD ALOT TO DO WITH WHAT LIGHT CONDITION I WAS IN. WHEN I GOT MORE SUN LIGHT IT SEEMED THAT THEY WOULD FADE ON ME AN I COULD NOT GROUP AS WELL. I WENT BACK TO THE 19 PINS AN HAVE NOT HAD ANOTHER PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS HELPS. LIKE I SAID JUST MY 2 CENTS.

CHRIS :wink:

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
Bill,

Everything is a trade off. I have a verifier lense for my peep. It sharpens the pins dramatically, it ALSO blurs the target. I have crappy long range vision too and wear glasses. I spent 4 months and over $500 this spring trying out three different kinds of contacts, none of them were as effective as my glasses. I went to a scope midsummer and could see targets GREAT, without glasses even. Shooting a scope is a whole different game than pins though, my scores dropped dramatically, I returned to pins for the remainder of the season. I ended up this year shooting a 3/32 peep in a Super Ball housing, the smaller diameter tends to sharpen the pins, I also went to .010 pins in a Sword apex 3rd plane sight with a black light. As of now, this combination is VERY effective.

1st Place:first:

http://www.ifaaarchery.org/Tournament_Scores/06 3D results txt.txt

I am going to try shooting a scope indoors this winter after bow season, I sure do like pins though.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks

thanks for all the info guys, I think I will be trying a verifier peep to see what happens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts