Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for hunting boots with a BOA lace system.

I've looked at the Irish Setter Ravines, but I'm hesitant as there is little info on them.

Reason for BOA laces is I like the quick on and off along with being laced boots so I can get a good secure boot.

I currently wear Salomon Quests GTX and have been very happy with them, I don't like wearing rubber boots as my feet sweat bad.

Any other suggestions out there?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a pair of the Irish setter ravines without the boa lace and so far they have been one of the best pair of boots I have owned in awhile I have got probably 40 hard miles on them and they seem to be holding up great, way better than my danners.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a pair of the Irish setter ravines without the boa lace and so far they have been one of the best pair of boots I have owned in awhile I have got probably 40 hard miles on them and they seem to be holding up great, way better than my danners.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the good review. I might just have to bite the bullet and be my own test dummy.

I also like the look of the under armour cam hanes boots, but $300 for boots is a little steep, especially for something made in China/SE Asia.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I've used the BOA Ravines for two years, love them, easy on, easy off. I also use the BOA release strap and love it, can snug your release up perfect every time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
haven't tried these hunting boots with boa, but i have a ton of experience with snowboarding boots and I only use boa, super fast, comfortable and locks you in. greatly recommend

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've used the BOA Ravines for two years, love them, easy on, easy off. I also use the BOA release strap and love it, can snug your release up perfect every time.
how's the waterproofing? I don't go diving through rivers or creeks, but do walk through a few shallow seasonal waterways. Maybe a creek crossing here or there, but nothing that currently goes over my 6 inch boots.

Do you have the tall or short version? think the tall is 9"?

How's sizing? I wear 11's in irish setter rubber boots and 10.5 in most red wings.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
how's the waterproofing? I don't go diving through rivers or creeks, but do walk through a few shallow seasonal waterways. Maybe a creek crossing here or there, but nothing that currently goes over my 6 inch boots.

Do you have the tall or short version? think the tall is 9"?

How's sizing? I wear 11's in irish setter rubber boots and 10.5 in most red wings.

Thanks for your input!
Short version, haven't leaked on me yet, and I haven't been over them yet. Sizing seems to run true as I ordered 1/2 size large for thick socks and it worked out great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts