Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a good picture but what are your thoughts on this being a bobcat? It’s in SE Ohio so there are bobcats around. I’ve not had any on camera in my 4 years owning the property though.

Just curious so I thought I’d ask others opinions.

Attachments

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,750 Posts
Sure looks like one to me

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,466 Posts
Based on what I can see, I'd say so...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Did you request the HD pic from the camera? That will definitely help get a clearer/bigger image. From that pic it looks like a bobcat.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Definitely looks like a bobcat. They are actually pretty abundant in SE Ohio. At least in my area.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I thought it was a bobcat also.

I know there are a lot in SE Ohio. Just hadn’t seen one at this property so I was hesitant to say it’s a bobcat with the bad pic.

We have a good amount of pics of them at another property I hunt about an hour away. Here’s a pic from the other property.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I agree with bobcat. I get some one came every year in northern MN. This last season I had a photo of myself passing by one of my cams at 9pm and had a pic of a bobcat walk by the same cam just a few minutes later going the opposite direction. Had to have walked right by it without ever knowing.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
that's a Bobcat..... you can always tell them from a distance by thier disproportionately large hips and long rear legs. that's where they get thier insane speed and pouncing ability from.

·
Registered
Bowtech Revolt X
173 Posts
certainly looks like a bobcat to me. I've seen them several times hunting deer in eastern Kansas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts