Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently bought a longbow it's "Slick Stick" from Bodnik-bows Germany. When I was setting up an arrow rest I've noticed a crack in the bamboo laminates that goes over the middle part on the "back side" of the bow. Crack is ca. 4-5 inch. long and goes from shelf all the way down the handle through first layer of laminate bamboo. The crack is well sealed with fiberglass ( fiberglass is not cracked ) but is visible under it. Mast say that it look worst in the picture than in real life.
The bow has never been strung or shot. My question is: is it save to shoot or should I just sent it back straight away?
Wood Longbow

there is some kinda streak line on the upper limb, looks like it's in fiberglass itself
Wood Floor Material property Hardwood Flooring

Update: 5/23/2016 Monday - have email pictures to the support at Bearpaw-Products the official site for all Bodnik bows. Waiting for reply.

· Registered
Mins, Gillo, Uukha, Dryad, Caribow user. ILF fan, WA3D instinctive competitor
1,444 Posts
They honour their warranties, I know first hand!

When I first moved to Canada my Hawk exploded on me and I got no joy for a few days so I re-sent an email without pictures and got replied straight away.

It looks like you are in Canada too, right? if that's the case get hold of their distributer here which is Dennis at GitRDone Archery in Calgary

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip! I've shipped my bow to them last night, reply or no reply, just couldn't wait to do something about it. It's a first time for me ( buying a new bow that has a defect in it straight out of a box ) I just wanted to fix this as soon as possible but I'll email them again without pictures. It actually helps a lot to hear from someone who has a positive experience in dealing with them.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: 5/31/2016 Still no response from support at Bearpaw-Products/Bodnik bows on any of my two emails! On their website you can actually track your email and I can see they've got it but no reply... I'm beginning to think there is no support team...
It's been a week since I've send back my bow, which by the way cost me a lot of money to ship it to them, now it an expensive bow, they could've at least acknowledge somehow that my bow has arrived or something... nothing!

· Mildly delusional
2,888 Posts
Steve, thank you so much for your help in this matter.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: I have resived email from Support-Team today this is the email:

we are very sorry that you have reason for complaint. I will discuss the complaint with our bow maker and
give you as soon as possible an answer.

Best regards,
Daniela

What ever answer will be I have ( seven days ago ) already sent my bow to them it should be there today/tomorrow. I don't know what happens then? Would they let me know they got my bow or do I have to send one more email, now explaining that the bow has been sent to bearpaw-products? I guess I'll wait a few days and if nothing... I'll try to contact H Bodnik on FB.
Thanks Steve for your help!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update 6/2/2016 got another answer from support team today:

please excuse the late reply.

We will as soon as possible to build you a new sheet.
For the settlement I please need the following data.

A copy of the invoice.
The serial number of the bow.
The draw weight.
Execution. (RH or LH)
The arc length.
Your complete address incl. your telephone number.

Usually the complaints about the dealer would have to be handled. To minimize processing time, we will make the direct.

For further questions I am always at your disposal.

Best regards,
Daniela

needles to say feel very happy :teeth: and not just because my bow will be taking care of but that I don't have to loose confidence in Bodnik bows products in general! Even if it is my first Bodnik bow I've been following their company for a while now and had/have a plans on purchasing in the future more bows from them. I want to thank everyone on this forum and especially Steve Morley for your support and help! Also a big Thank you to Henry Bodnik for his personal involvement!
I will make another update when the bow gets back to me.
P.S. BarneySlayer what's "The A-Team"?... just kidding!:wink:

· Mildly delusional
2,888 Posts
That's great news! Really wanting to get a bearpaw, and this just makes that choice easier.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a short update: yesterday got email:

many thanks for your response.
The new bow is made as soon as possible. I send the bow then freight free to ...address... . But the recipient must pay the customs duties.

Best wishes

can't wait to get it!

· Mildly delusional
2,888 Posts
I sure am glad this is working out for you.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a short update: got email today:

the new bow is finished and will be shipped as soon as possible.

Best regards,

I'm so looking forward to receive it! I've never shot any of Bodnik bows before so I can't wait to shoot it! I'll do a review of the bow when I get it.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last update: Three days ago my new bow has arrived. Bodnik bows stood by their warranty and quickly and professionally resolved the issue and that is what professionalism is about. It is not just to make a good bow but if something like this happens also to correct the mistake, to make it right, and let's be honest this type of mistakes happens even with a high end bows from big names companies. So, a few final wards for those who maybe like me is looking into buying their first Bodnik bow and while researching them has found this thread, do not be discourage by my experience go ahead and perches it I'm sure you will be very happy with your new bow! I personally would not hesitate for a second to buy another bow from this bower!

Product Material property Wood Floor Column

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Branch Table

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Paper Plywood

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Lumber Picture frame

Once again thank you everyone for your support and help and thank you Bodnik Bows!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.