Archery Talk Forum banner

Bodoodle anyone ?

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  gridman 
#1 ·
Anyone out there running a Bodoodle rest these days ? If so how do you like it ? Dependable and accurate ?

#8 ·
Bodoodle was gone for a while - read my above post.............

#7 ·
At one time the Bodoodles were quite the thing for everything. I had the Bullet, Conquest, ProElite 550 or 560, and the Doodle Drop. I still have a 2 Bullets and a Doodle Drop. The Conquest was like the Bullet, but has a extended shelf or lip.

Okay, if you understand "float" then the Bullet and Conquest were the best to show it. Because the launch arm goes moves straight up and down gives the float. *The up and down part is sort of angular. Okay, you set the spring tension so at nearing full draw the launch arm raises the arrow all the way up. Now, bow at rest you can shake the bow some the arrow will float up and down a bit before it settles.
*This angular up and down is something on the order the Vapor Trail Limb Driver Pro V and maybe the Gen 7X

The original owner of Bodoodle passed away and the Bodoodle went by the way. Later, just a few years back Archery Specialty bought Bodoodle and re-introduced some models and added a new one I believe.
When the original owner passed on and no one picking it up Gander Mountain put them on sale for like $27 and tax. Me and a friend bought all they had. We used them or sold them off. I sold the last one still in the original package about 3 years ago...

From around 2000 to early 2003 I used the Bullet for hunting and competition. Dropped a few deer and placed and won a bunch. Later I picked up the Doodle Drop. Pure simplicity is the Drop. Draw the bow and the launch arm raises the arrow. When shot a lead weight attached the launch arm gives drop. Kind of quite awesome. I had it on my 2006 Hoyt ProElite until I sold the bow around 2011....
I drove people nuts and especially those who had issues with tying the draw cord in the cable. Just a plain overhand knot through the cable not served in and located straight across to the bottom the riser shelf of the bow. Never had a issue of slipping. I used the Drop for everything except hunting and did quite well in competition..........

Product Line Iron Beige Clothes hanger

Reactions: 1faith01
#10 ·
I use a Golden Key Star Hunter or Rising Star. They are similar to the doodle's but no springs and less noise. Simple rugged accurate quiet and cheap.....probably why they stooped making them they were simple and cheap and lasted forever.

Now you pay too much for a product that does the same thing and has drawbacks IMO (at least for hunting)......over-engineered for what they need to do.

#12 ·
Well, I used hell out of my Bodoodles and never once heard noise.........

#11 ·
I use a zapper 300x on one of my bows. Really like it. Use the Bodoodle Game Dropper also but it is a pain to adjust. Really thinking of giving the new Switchblade Hunter a try. If you’re a 20-30 yard hunter like me it’s a great rest. Light weight and dependable. If you’re into the micro diameter arrow craze right now it is probably not for you. Personally I will never shoot anything under 5/16 diameter.

#13 ·
Bodoodle was all I used for YEARS! Still have some sitting on my shelves. The thing that always drew me to BD was the simplicity and consistency. Then I moved to drop aways for a number of years when I was pushing 3D a lot. These days I'm back to simplicity and I find that a simple Biscuit is all I need for hunting and occasional friendly 3D shooting. I'd have no trouble moving back to a simple Bodoodle, but I did get tired of putting teflon on the fins once I made the switch to carbons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.