Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a pack of these vanes.
wondering if anyone has some insite and experience with these vanes.

Thanks

Shoot straight

·
Shootin and Cussin
22,935 Posts
I would think you would have asked that before you ordered them.

They are just like any other blazer except for the shape. All in all, good vanes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They are just like any other blazer except for the shape. All in all, good vanes.
I would have asked. but i joined archery talk yesterday and i ordered them 2 days ago.

Thanks

·
Registered
22,563 Posts

SH is a rather wry fellow....but typically to the point.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
There a good vane wouldn't be my choice for a fixed blade head unless u use four

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really like mine 5FE5FD7C-924D-42EE-B085-B88E84561A06.JPG

Attachments

·
Back Yard Champion
27,682 Posts
Just plain love the Shield cuts.

I used them on some .414" diameter arrows and they flew great. Best run for Indoor 3D was 6 wins in a row.
I use the 1 3/4" on .350" diameter arrows and they fly great,,,even fletched backwards - X ring accurate out to 35 yards....

2 1/4" shot through truck liner, twice.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used them for a long range setup and they performed great (Field points and mechanical practice heads ). They look sweet too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good vanes. I use them for 3D exclusively. They work really well on a small diameter shaft with a 2 or 3 degree helical.

8,455 Posts
Put those vanes on a 4 fletch configuration and you will love them. I run a 1.75 x3 4 fletch with micro diameter for field and they are king. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
they are nice go on easy, but certainly not very durable when compared to vanes like FF, but you also get 100 Bohning for the price of 39 FF, general usage you will be fine

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I use the 1.75” for 3D they are stiff and get holes/tears in them if you shoot groups. But they are lightweight and do enough steering for a well tuned setup.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I’ve used 2.25 shield cut for everything the last couple years and they have performed awesome. Love em.

I use 3 fletch on my 3d target arrows, however I use 4 fletch on my hunting arrows and am able to get fantastic performance with fixed blade broadheads.

They are slightly lower profile than a blazer but have a little more surface area to make up the difference in steering.

Also, they hold up really well with no change in shape. Personally I’ve not been a huge fan of blazers and have had issues with them slightly curling on me over time depending on how they are stored or in the case. Never had that issue with the shorter shield cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ve used 2.25 shield cut for everything the last couple years and they have performed awesome. Love em.

I use 3 fletch on my 3d target arrows, however I use 4 fletch on my hunting arrows and am able to get fantastic performance with fixed blade broadheads.

They are slightly lower profile than a blazer but have a little more surface area to make up the difference in steering.

Also, they hold up really well with no change in shape. Personally I’ve not been a huge fan of blazers and have had issues with them slightly curling on me over time depending on how they are stored or in the case. Never had that issue with the shorter shield cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great advise,
thanks

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
They are a good vane. I prefer Q2i Fusion X ll vanes after trying both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used them and like them in a 4 fletch configuration for 3D and mechanical heads. They're great if you're having clearance issues. I stick with standard blazers for fixed blades mostly just for the piece of mind.

·
Slingin' Arrows
1,212 Posts
I've been using them on my indoor 2315s. No complaints.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts