Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my jig today. Must say this thing works great. Very user friendly and applys them perfect everytime. I highly suggest this to anyone. And no i dont want to hear about the Bitz. That type of adjustability is not needed as im a Hunter not a target shooter...

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Would slightly longer vanes fit in it? I'm talking 2.2" not 3 or 4" vanes.

· Registered
196 Posts
Yes 2.2 would fit in there, I also got a bohning jig over the weekend and I was playin arould with it and decided to make a carbon flu flu arrow to shoot aerial targets and the feathers are probbly an inch and a half tall and 5 or so inches long and the jig put them on there great and it even worked with the helical.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could do a slightly larger than 2" vane. Im very impressed with the Jig. This has blown my expectations away. Like stated above. Every vane was perfect.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only problem is its plastic. if it was made of some type of metal it would be perfect

No issues with it being plastic. Slow set glues dont stick to it. And it comes with release tape for quick set glues. Only thing i use to clean mine is a paper towel and rubbing alchohol. I wipe the jog after every vane. Takes a few seconds tops.

Also applies plenty of pressure to the arrow.

· Registered
2,546 Posts
I too just bought one, I fletched up a dozen arrows pretty quick with it. I seen no issues at all. for the $26 dollars I paid for it at academy, I don't see a reason to spend $70 on a bitz for something I can do for $26....IMO

I had no issues with glue build up. Only thing that threw me for a minute was intial set up, but once I got it set where I needed it is was smooth from there.

Now down the road being that is plastic, it may break or something....but another 26.00 dollars, no problem, I can get that by the wife...when she starts asking about the 70.00 I spent, that could be a problem.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will it work on smaller diameter shafts like the ACC 3-49?
Im shooting easton excel 340's and i have lots of adjustment room left for smaller arrows. I dont see why you would have any problems...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.