Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what kind of glue is recommended for Bohning Blazer Vanes? I used Bohning Platium and they didn't stick.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
I use Goat tuff, but any of the super glue barand out will work.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I always use saunders NPV glue to do all my fletchings.yes it takes about 10 min. per fletch but they stick even if I shoot through my 3-d target they do not come off unless they really hit something hard,if I am in a pinch I will use a fast drying glue but any other time it will be saunders NPV glue.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I always use bohning platinum and it holds like a rock. Gotta leave them in the clamp for at least 5 minutes and then don't shoot them for a day. I've shot through 3d targets, bag targets etc and they don't come off at all. I've shot through a vane and instead of coming off the shaft it stayed on and the arrow stuck to the other one. Gotta wipe down the shaft with isopropyl alcohol and leave the vane base alone. It works.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I use platinum and it works great, carbon and aluminum. I do have some problems with some of the cheap wraps though.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Ive used platinum and goat tuff, IMHO either work great, though i had a buddy put an arrow through a target and not one vane came off (goat tuffed)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts