Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local pro shop has and uses a Bohning Fletching Jig. It comes with either helical or straight. The price is $55. Does anyone have any experience with this set up.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yes, I have been using a Bohning fletching jig with a straight clamp for several years now. It's always worked just fine for me. I would go with a helical clamp if I were you. I should have but I didn't know any better at the time. Either way, you can buy the other clamps seperatly for about $15. The price is fair too I would say. I believe they are $57 or so from the Bohning website.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YellowHawkk said:
Yes, I have been using a Bohning fletching jig with a straight clamp for several years now. It's always worked just fine for me. I would go with a helical clamp if I were you. I should have but I didn't know any better at the time. Either way, you can buy the other clamps seperatly for about $15. The price is fair too I would say. I believe they are $57 or so from the Bohning website.

I'll be using the 2" vanes, will the helical work?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Yes helical will work for the blazers. Funny you should start this thread. I just picked up a new Bohning fletching jig with straight clamp from the Bohning factory today in Lake City, MI. I've been using it all evening and it's working great. Adjusts wonderfully and easily and keeps that 120degree spacing greatly. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GVDocHoliday said:
Yes helical will work for the blazers. Funny you should start this thread. I just picked up a new Bohning fletching jig with straight clamp from the Bohning factory today in Lake City, MI. I've been using it all evening and it's working great. Adjusts wonderfully and easily and keeps that 120degree spacing greatly. I highly recommend it.
Thats what I want to hear. Looks Like I have to go pick one up tomorrow. What adhesive are you using?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I strictly use bohning vanes (blazers) and I use fletch tite platinum after whiping the shafts down with the 90% alcohol. Stuff holds like a rock.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I use Loctite QuickTite super glue gel from Wal-Mart for my Duravanes and for my Blazers. This stuff holds great and it costs far less than any of the fletching glues you will buy. Do yourself a favor and try the Loctite first. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about three bucks and you can't rip those vanes off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts