Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried out the Bohning Helix. Jig made for putting a 3 degree helical on the 2" blazer. Before I used the Bitzenberger with approx. 1 degree offset. With the 3 degree: 60 yard pin on target-arrow in the dirt. I'm wondering if this is just too much helical on such a short vane. Seems to have slowed my arrow considerably. My friend also said my arrow was very noisy. I shot my arrows with 1 degree offset and was happier with performance. The jig was easier to use than the Bitzenberger, but just not too sure about that much offset.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Blazer offset.

I dont think its too much.I shoot 2512s indoors with blazers on them.I fletch with a staight clamp on my bitz,and kick it as far to the left as I can without hanging over the shaft.They fly great.Inside out Xs.But for outdoors I kick it also,but with smaller shafts it doesnt go far.My hunting arrows fly fine with this flecth angle.2314 for hunting,ACC 3-49 for 3-D, but I use a low profile 3in on those,with straight kick to the left.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I do not think it is too much either. I sent my bow off to have it tuned and several other things, so I have not shot them out of a tuned bow, but out of an untuned bow they seem to be more forgiving. So far I like the jig, but I need to do more testing when I get my bow back and get back from vacation.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have used the same Bitz for almost 20yrs, and just recently purchased the Bohning 3 degree Helix jig. I am using Mini Blazers on my Victory HV350 shafts, and they are flying like darts. I am grouping more consistantly better. I think perhaps what may have happened to my Bitz was that it was so old, and maybe the magnet got weak --- it seemed as though I was not getting consistancy in the placement of the vanes on the shaft. Overall, I am very happy with the 3 degree offset, and the Bohning jig.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I only shoot blazers and purchased this jig recently. The jig is super easy to use and they shoot like darts. Seem to group even better than just the offset and havent seen any yardage loss. Noticed the most improvement from 50 yards and farther. And the helical looks great too. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have the Helix jig. I've used it with Blazers and Flex Fletch Flash vanes. Same vanes used with an EZ Fletch 1 degree offset. Maybe 2" difference at 60 yds. My groups are tighter at long range with the Helix fletched shafts though. There's no way it's going to make you miss the target.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I have used the same Bitz for almost 20yrs, and just recently purchased the Bohning 3 degree Helix jig. I am using Mini Blazers on my Victory HV350 shafts, and they are flying like darts. I am grouping more consistantly better. I think perhaps what may have happened to my Bitz was that it was so old, and maybe the magnet got weak --- it seemed as though I was not getting consistancy in the placement of the vanes on the shaft. Overall, I am very happy with the 3 degree offset, and the Bohning jig.
I think your problem is with the way the receiver holds the nock. Check out the threads below, this may help.

Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the threads listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584491&highlight=bitzenburger

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=7558477&posted=1#post7558477

Joe B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts