Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been shooting a half dozen beman ICS hunter arrows at my block and bag target, and the vanes (blazers) keep ripping off of the arrow shaft, with the area of the wrap still attached underneath it. i can say that i will never fletch any of my arrows with wraps again. waste of money. just my opinion, sorry for the venting.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I don't general have that type of problem. I clean the shaft and apply the wrap. I use a heat gun to remove the wraps. This is what I really like about them as there is no scraping.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Let me get this right - your vanes fell off, but the wrap was intact underneath?

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't general have that type of problem. I clean the shaft and apply the wrap. I use a heat gun to remove the wraps. This is what I really like about them as there is no scraping.
thing is that the vanes stick perfectly, but what rips away is the vane comes off with the area of the wrap that it was gluedto. the rest of the wrap stays on the arrow. i have shot each of the six arrows about a total of 12 times each from my bowmandess, and three of the vanes have come off.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Public land herd thinner
2,248 Posts
I have had it happen with the white and Flo Yellow wraps. But the only reason I use wraps is so i don't have to scrape glue off my shaft.

·
Registered
70 Posts
here is the pic

·
Registered
70 Posts
this happened on this one just a cuple minutes ago on the new blazer X2's and the wraps they came with. the other three now were white wraps and green and white blazers. same thing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would use wraps by onestringer next time. I have had that happen to me with cheaper wraps before however I usually shot thru something like a cheap target to make that happen

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Have you contacted Bohning yet?

Customer Service

The Bohning Company is happy to help our customers in any way we can. Please feel free to contact us at any time through email, mail or fax. We can be reached by phone during normal business hours, which are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Our contact information is as follows:

The Bohning Company,

7361 North 7 Mile Road

Lake City, Michigan 49651

800-253-0136

Fax 231-229-4615

Email [email protected]

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Your saying they are just falling off in mid air, or when they hit the bag?

If they are contacting the rest or each other I'll buy it,other wise I'll call bs, I've shot wrapped arrows for years, and only see this when another arrow hits the vane.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your saying they are just falling off in mid air, or when they hit the bag?

If they are contacting the rest or each other I'll buy it,other wise I'll call bs, I've shot wrapped arrows for years, and only see this when another arrow hits the vane.
no marks on the vanes or the rest. i have hit vanes together, but not grouping them real tight. i started shooting at different spots once i was sighted it. its not rest contact.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I can't belive that the vane fell off with out you having a pass thru, or a vane hitting your rest. that picture shows the vane being ripped off & not falling off.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
what type of glue did you use, its possible that the glue adheared vane and wrap together just fine but the glue ate away at the wrap around the base of the vane and weakened the wrap??
Just a thought

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
adhesive?

What type of adhesive did you use???
Did you use anything to clean the vanes or wrap prior to installing vanes?

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have been shooting a half dozen beman ICS hunter arrows at my block and bag target, and the vanes (blazers) keep ripping off of the arrow shaft, with the area of the wrap still attached underneath it. i can say that i will never fletch any of my arrows with wraps again. waste of money. just my opinion, sorry for the venting.
Had that problem also, it was my glue went bad! In fact some of the vanes that came off i reused and could not pull them off!! :happy:

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I have that happen also with wraps I get cut at a Vinyl Sign company. I personally think it is to much glue and it eats into the vinyl wrap. I backed off on the glue and havent had any come off since.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what type of glue did you use, its possible that the glue adheared vane and wrap together just fine but the glue ate away at the wrap around the base of the vane and weakened the wrap??
Just a thought
fletchtite platnum, and in a way, thats kind of what it looks like happened when i looked under a magnifying glass.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts