• Sight ring enhancer
  • Vibration dampener
  • Glows in the dark
  • 100% silicone
  • Transferable
  • More consistent
  • More accurate
  • Two sizes!
  • Standard - Fits over 1-1/2" - 3" sight housings.
  • Mini - Fits over 1" - 1-3/8" sight housings.
  • Get more Bonus Rings!!!

BONUS-RING.COM

Attachments

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,168 Posts
Now that is an interesting concept.......

·
Registered
19,974 Posts
What does this do?
Looks like it gives you pretty colors for your sight ring. The ladies will love them. With them being on the outside of the housing, I don't see that it would help a whole lot for most people unless you have no colored sight ring at all or if you have a large peep and need a little larger sight ring to properly center the housing in the peep. Looks like another little gadget to play with though which is always fun, even though I'm not one to get stuff like this. I'm sure some will love them.

·
AT Sponsor
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does this do?
The colored silicone ring wraps around your sight housing and provides a reliable visual reference to line up your peep with. They also glow in the dark for those low light situations.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
The colored silicone ring wraps around your sight housing and provides a reliable visual reference to line up your peep with. They also glow in the dark for those low light situations.
You should make equivalent "inserts" for the popular housings....

·
AT Sponsor
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it gives you pretty colors for your sight ring. The ladies will love them. With them being on the outside of the housing, I don't see that it would help a whole lot for most people unless you have no colored sight ring at all or if you have a large peep and need a little larger sight ring to properly center the housing in the peep. Looks like another little gadget to play with though which is always fun, even though I'm not one to get stuff like this. I'm sure some will love them.
Thanks! Yes, they do dress up your sight a little. But they are very functional as well. Takes some vibration of the sight, its a great visual reference especially in low light.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hey, are you going to be in Flint on Saturday? I've been wanting to pick one of these up, but haven't been able to catch you at the last few shoots.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
I bought one, because I like the concept of the spot Hogg sight housing with the multiple fluorescent rings. I added one to my HHA, and I feel I get a little better centering with the multiple rings.

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
Like I said, I like the concept and I think in theory it works well. You get different Clarity of Peep sight with differing lighting conditions. By having multiple sizes of sight Rings, you're pretty much set for all those conditions.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Inserts? Interesting. What do you mean exactly?
have the ring slip inside the housing rather than make the housing bigger by adding it to the outside.

·
Registered
Elite Kure, Ritual, Valor
4,072 Posts
I ordered a couple today in flo green to put on my MBG sliders. Will give a report after I get them on and shoot low light conditions with them.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,112 Posts
From days gone past.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,350 Posts
Like I said, I like the concept and I think in theory it works well. You get different Clarity of Peep sight with differing lighting conditions. By having multiple sizes of sight Rings, you're pretty much set for all those conditions.
The Spot Hogg MRT is a little different concept and is intended to be setup different. A properly setup MRT sight you will only see just a sliver of the innermost ring in bright sunlight. As the lighting gets dimmer you will see more and more rings. The MRT concept is you get a good CONTRAST between your peep and the bright housing in the varying lighting conditions giving you a faster more precise alignment. With the OP's system you would still set up the sight so you can just see the rings or just not see the rings in bright sunlight, and as you get into dimmer light you will have air between the inside of your peep and the outside of your housing. That air means it is much easier to not have your housing and your peep perfectly lined up every shot which will lead to inconsistencies.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.