Archery Talk Forum banner

Boone and Crockett Scoring system is Stupid

5051 Views 74 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Billie
The bc scoring system is garage. All it basically cares about is length. I have an absoulte freakin monster set of mule deer antlers that score 162 net. Another big set scored 173 bc net. The 162 scoring set is literally as thick as beer cans and weighs like four times more than the 173 set. There is so much more bone, but it scores so much less. It looks like the bc system is into stupid little skinny horned deer instead of monster thicker than fence posts racks. If there is more antler than it should score higher.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
8,159 Posts
It is ironic how so many try to downgrade the B&C scoring system because their trophy animals antlers don't make the cut. It doesn't take anything away from your trophy by not making it into the books in my opinion but it does make you really appreciate it when you kill an animal that does make the books.
I still enjoy looking at every animal I have on the wall and pictures of others that didn't make it but gross score very well also. I have over a dozen big deer on the wall and only one nets B&C but the others are still trophies to me as well. If you shot it and are happy with it then that is all that counts. I have a 165" typical 11pt on the wall that means just as much to me as the 214" NT because of the particulars of that hunt.
B&C and P&Y are good organizations that I hope everyone will support and after doing a little research on them I think you indeed will appreciate them.
Good luck hunting....

· Hunt Hard and Be Safe
111 Posts
You need to learn why the book of records started and how the methods of measuring came about. Short story is the records started because north American animals were being slaughtered for commercial reasons and the heard numbers were close to critical. The Feds finally stepped up and started controlling things by having seasons and limits. The record book was started to see how the animals were doing and so they started recording size and locations. The measuring system was based on symmetry and simply the length of antler or horn. Skulls, the over all size, length + width. It was to determine if things were getting better or worse.

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In saskatchewan we don't have little idiot stupid skinny horned whitetails, we have a real mans thick dark horned antlers thicker than my grandmas waist

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.