Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm A 31-31.5 inch guy and I have gone through 3 sets of strings with only about 25 shots through them. By the time I get a proper paper tune the serving has opened up bad.
I have ordered strings from some of the best makers out there and still the same problem. I feel this bow is not well suited for the long draw guy or the end of the draw cycle is just to sharp. Told the string maker of this problem and to make the serving tight but still the same thing. Any body else have this problem or any ideas as to how to fix it.
I like the bow but will sell it before it costs me another set of strings. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have some slight serving separation on my Prodigy but nothing to warrant replacing the string. How severe is yours separating that you are replacing the string that many times?

·
Registered
647 Posts
My fanatic had some serving separation after about 10,000 shots through it which is understandable but when I got to checking it a little closer I noticed I had some cam lean so the string wasn't coming off the wheel straight. I had yoke tuned it and got my bareshafts shooting bullet holes at 20 yds but didn't notice the cam lean. with the new strings I adjusted my rest and was able to tune it and keep my wheels straight. you might want to check wheels if your having to replace the straights that often.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's bad enough and in the same place both top and bottom cables at end of draw cycle. Also bad compression of serving in the same area. Only a matter of time before the serving is cut from pressure in this area. Like the bow but at my draw length it's not a nice draw to the back wall. It hits fast and hard and can nock the arrow off the rest . Not wanting to beat Bowtech but it may work well for a shorter draw person but not for myself.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
It's bad enough and in the same place both top and bottom cables at end of draw cycle. Also bad compression of serving in the same area. Only a matter of time before the serving is cut from pressure in this area. Like the bow but at my draw length it's not a nice draw to the back wall. It hits fast and hard and can nock the arrow off the rest . Not wanting to beat Bowtech but it may work well for a shorter draw person but not for myself.
It sounds like your talking about where the cables roll over about 1" from the end loop? If that is what your talking about I would bet that you have been putting half twist in the cables on those end and that is not the correct way. You only do full twists on that end of the cables, if you need to make half twist then use the yokes or do a have twist with the yoke then reset your cam lean. If you do a half twist on the single end loop of the cables then it will separate the serving almost instantly.

I am shooting my Boss on 30" 65lb #1 setting right now and hunted with it at 30" 70lb #1

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not there where it happens it's at the end of the draw cycle. If I had a shorter draw I don't think this would be an issue. End of draw cycle end of mod. Think of a half circle if I'm at 2,3,4,5 o'clock there are no sharp angles or drop off. Hit 6 o'clock and the cables have a sharp drop off and this is the area of damage for me. Hope that gave a good picture or understanding.
The serving is also being crushed from pressure at this point. In any case I do appreciate the reply's I'll just have to deal with it.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
It's not there where it happens it's at the end of the draw cycle. If I had a shorter draw I don't think this would be an issue. End of draw cycle end of mod. Think of a half circle if I'm at 2,3,4,5 o'clock there are no sharp angles or drop off. Hit 6 o'clock and the cables have a sharp drop off and this is the area of damage for me. Hope that gave a good picture or understanding.
The serving is also being crushed from pressure at this point. In any case I do appreciate the reply's I'll just have to deal with it.
I'm gonna move my Boss out to 31" to see what it's like

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
What does "end of draw cycle mean? Im at 31"...all i get is normal serving wear. Can you post photos?

Where the cables bend around the mods and posts will be a area that compresses and wears. Serving doing its job. And where the cables hit the stops had always been a wear point. The string wear areas will be right where the string leaves the cam due to lean. Normal IMHO.

The only way I could see excessive wear or separation around the cam would be if you have excessive lean? Twist your string in half increments during install? Or a burr or rough spot on the cams that causes it?

Can you post a photo?

Edit. I reread and it sounds like the cables and areas around the mods/stops/posts...like I mention above. And imo...if this is what your talking about. Sounds normal unless they're a really bad build? Here are some photos of areas that have always worn on my bowtechs.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts