Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i made the 30 minute drive after work to a new archery shop i wanted to check out and i was in the market for a bow to replace my piece of crap 2006 parker buck hunter.
long story short... i bought me a demo model Hoyt maxxis 35 for 450 bucks! i feel as though i got a good deal, still has the factory string on it and it looks brand new.
i shot it one time and yelled out SOLD! ha.. here take my wallet just dig out what you need!
HUGE improvement over my old parker
it's all black with the little stickers all over it being a demo bow but i dont care what it looks like, going to start putting all my accessories on it, i was just excited i finally have upgraded to a big boys bow and needed to share :]

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Enjoy your new bow.It should be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now i need to buy better sights and rest ha.. the crap i have doesn't do the bow any justice

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant find my camera, think its at my ladies house. bare bow at the moment, digging in my box of junk to decide what to put on it until i can afford new stuff ha.. spent my toy budget on just the bow

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
should have talked them into some stuff to put on it :wink:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on the new Hoyt man, you'll love it. Probably should have tried to get it a lil more b4 season so you'd be automatic with it. Get shooting.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
congrats !!! you got yourself a great bow

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my parker is set-up and ready to go so i can ease into the hoyt, i shot it at the shop and thought surely something must be wrong, im trained to feel hand shock, vibration and the sound of a box of wrenches hitting the ground when i shoot. need to re-train myself to expect nothing when i shoot

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
hahahaha

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he had a 2006 i believe.. maybe 2007 bowtech liberty in the used rack for 250 with all the fixins but i could not set down the hoyt

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wouldnt have hated the parker so much but it had a weak limb, would only shoot good with the cams out of time to compensate
soon as i get my camera back i will post a picture, with all my cheap ugly accessories on it :]

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
Get you accesories of ebay look for 2008 models and I bet you can get higher end rest and sights combined for under a 100 easy!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts