Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
25,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to press a Scorpyd crossbow yesterday. It just would not get small enough to press the limb tips. Then I called Buckeye archery solutions and Frank the owner answered. He ask me to tak a picture as the press was set up and text it. He took one look and said it would not work.:cry:... in that configuration. He told me how to move the bar which was in the instructions. lol
In 5 minutes he had it fitting. I had it out of level a bit, but that too was my fault.
Thanks again Frank for a great product and the best service:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

IMG_20171221_102414956.jpg .

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
I tried to press a Scorpyd crossbow yesterday. It just would not get small enough to press the limb tips. Then I called Buckeye archery solutions and Frank the owner answered. He ask me to tak a picture as the press was set up and text it. He took one look and said it would not work.:cry:... in that configuration. He told me how to move the bar which was in the instructions. lol
In 5 minutes he had it fitting. I had it out of level a bit, but that too was my fault.
Thanks again Frank for a great product and the best service:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

View attachment 6340843 .
why did you press it cocked ? that was problem or am i missing something ? is that how to time cams ---- new to crossbows enlighten me please thanks

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Cocked it to help get limbs compressed in order to fit in the press?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sooooo, press didnt actually fail, it was operator error and the title was another misleading topic, sweeeet

·
Vendor
25,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why did you press it cocked ? that was problem or am i missing something ? is that how to time cams ---- new to crossbows enlighten me please thanks
The bow was shot and hit the left cam on a tree. The cable lock jumped out on impact and went back crooked. Crossbow was cocked before the lock was noticed. Didn't want to take a chance of fireing with the lock in crooked. :embara:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Maybe I can help here. Stuff happens. I believe he had some other type of strap style devise to try and relieve the cable pressure until he could get it to his press in a fairly tense & touchy situation. He wasn't use to setting his gen 1 press (shown partially converted to a gen 3) up for this type of task so I was trying to talk him thru it. Soon I needed pictures to make progress because he couldn't recall some of the actual names of the various parts of the press and I can see that kind of situation doing that. They were close up shots otherwise I would have told him to slide the Quick Draw & Tune bracket off which would have allowed him to narrow the Bottom Pivot Rods down to fit the riser. Anyway he was able to get it done and was quite relieved as one could imagine. This wasn't the first time I received that kind of a call and I am certain it wont be the last. Partially why my phone number is on every press as making that kind of a product I feel you need to be available as much as one can be.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Maybe I can help here. Stuff happens. I believe he had some other type of strap style devise to try and relieve the cable pressure until he could get it to his press in a fairly tense & touchy situation. He wasn't use to setting his gen 1 press (shown partially converted to a gen 3) up for this type of task so I was trying to talk him thru it. Soon I needed pictures to make progress because he couldn't recall some of the actual names of the various parts of the press and I can see that kind of situation doing that. They were close up shots otherwise I would have told him to slide the Quick Draw & Tune bracket off which would have allowed him to narrow the Bottom Pivot Rods down to fit the riser. Anyway he was able to get it done and was quite relieved as one could imagine. This wasn't the first time I received that kind of a call and I am certain it wont be the last. Partially why my phone number is on every press as making that kind of a product I feel you need to be available as much as one can be.

And this response right here is why I'll continue to use my boa, support Frank and promote his press. You will not find this kind of a quality product with that kind of customer support from anyone else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
Pretty sold on this press, hopefully he will still be making them when i decide to switch to a full size press.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
I've had one for several years and love it.
You won't regret the purchase.

·
Vendor
25,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had Titled it Bow a constrictor is a good press, how many AT'ers do we think would have viewed it compared to how many did. Frank is a good guy, with a great press. The last 3 responses tell a lot. A little free advertising helps a good cause imho.:secret:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Jim,

I'm misled and hurt and may not recover...only time will tell.

I'm thinking about ordering a Bow-a-Constrictor press with draw attachment, just to see if it helps me feel any better.
;)

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Guys and gals: I apologize to any of you who feel I misled you into reading this thread by the title. I'm sorry... Just trying to help out another little guy.
Merry Christmas.:santa:
no need to apologize these guys on here are ridiculous anymore 1 reason i dont offer to help anyone anymore and i dont post much either----- merry Christmas to you

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Jim,

I'm misled and hurt and may not recover...only time will tell.

I'm thinking about ordering a Bow-a-Constrictor press with draw attachment, just to see if it helps me feel any better.
;)
It will .................make you feel better, just knowing you have probably the best press made, and out standing customer service sure makes me feel better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts