Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about some of the changes/improvements I've made to my bow hunting setup over this past year. There have been several items I've either bought or changed since last year. Two of these items I can definately point to and say these accessories helped me become a more successful hunter this year.

Those two items are the Vibe Killer String suppressor from Cool Hand Luke, and Slick Trick broad heads. The Vibe Killer is made by an AT member. I saw it on this forum. Everyone I shoot with has noticed how much noise reduction I have with the Vibe Killer. As I speak one of my hunting buddies is using mine since my hunt is over. I told him to just leave it on his setup and order me a new one when he gets back. Cool hand Luke makes a really excellent product.

The other item........Slick Tricks broad heads. What can I say that hasn't already been said. They flat out WORK and work well.

What changes have you all made that have "made a difference"?

Here's a pic that shows the Vibe Killer

Attachments

· Registered
29 Posts
I love the Ram Arrow Holder. A small piece of plastic that holds the arrow to the bow, preventing it from moving around, yet allows effortless shooting.

I can walk around with the arrow nocked and not worry about the arrow falling off or making noise.

· Registered
2,623 Posts
Before I even opened this thread I was thinking "Vibe Killer". And you are correct - CHL makes a fine product. Not only does it quiet the bow a bit it keeps the string from slapping the arm of my huntin' duds. Great product - won't have a bow without one.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the Ram Arrow Holder. A small piece of plastic that holds the arrow to the bow, preventing it from moving around, yet allows effortless shooting.

I can walk around with the arrow nocked and not worry about the arrow
falling off or making noise.
I've never seen this. Got any pics?

· Registered
12,023 Posts
Not a Bow accessories but for ground hunting I will not leave the house without my Bowjaw. An outstanding product for holding my bow

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you look

I always attach 6 or 8 inches of sewing thread to my stabilizer to help detect wind direction. Its simple but it works.
If you look at that pic I posted of the bear on the second arrow on my quiver you will notice a feather. I use a thread and tie on a light feather to it so that it picks up the wind a little better. I used to do the same thing with my cap and ball muzzle loader.

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Before I even opened this thread I was thinking "Vibe Killer". And you are correct - CHL makes a fine product. Not only does it quiet the bow a bit it keeps the string from slapping the arm of my huntin' duds. Great product - won't have a bow without one.
Luke is also a great guy to deal with and excellent customer service. Glad you like yours too.

· Registered
29 Posts
I've never seen this. Got any pics?
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/arrow-holder-p-1027.html

I tried it last year and loved it. Then it fell off somewhere in the field. Bummer. Possibly poor placement by me or flimsy glue on the plastic. It has a peel off sticky base.

This year I cleaned the bow well and then used 3M double sided tape to hold it in place. So far so good.

The directions tell you to trim the tips for thicker arrows so that it will release the arrow easier. Works without any adjustments on my slim Easton Axis arrows.

If I turn the bow upside down and shake it well, the arrow will pop out. The rest of the time it stays in place.

Mike

· Registered
3,486 Posts
B-stinger stablizer and FOBs, both are great products that really work as they say they do. they also have great personel behind the product willing to back up and help you if you have a problem. great products.

· Registered
979 Posts
this year i upgraded to a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It w/ the wrap and .019 pins. the site coupled with a new 8", 14oz. b-stinger have helped me steady my pins and obtain better groups, which adds more confidence. i have a Vibekiller on the way, the stopper on my MeanV keeps popping off during/after the shot despite my attemtps to glue it with car weather stripping adhesive.

· Registered
7,583 Posts
I got the VK but dosent work as well as it would on other bows since i have a general. Still, excellent product. I believe a great accessory is the rubber sims wrap that i used to have on my bow grip. I used to shoot mathews all the time and when i went to bowtech the grip seemed to slim for me even with a tronjo grip on my mathews. When starting to shoot the bowtech i wraped the grip thick at the top and tapered it to the bottom. This made the bowtech grip feel more like the thicker grip that mathews has. Now, i dont need it at all cause i just kept reducing the thickness at the top of the grip untill i weaned myself to a thinner grip. I like it better now. Great training tool. Another good accessory would be my realtree bow sleave which keeps my jacket tight to my arm so no interference takes place.

· Registered
7,583 Posts
this year i upgraded to a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It w/ the wrap and .019 pins. the site coupled with a new 8", 14oz. b-stinger have helped me steady my pins and obtain better groups, which adds more confidence. i have a Vibekiller on the way, the stopper on my MeanV keeps popping off during/after the shot despite my attemtps to glue it with car weather stripping adhesive.
I had the same problem with the VK untill i fixed it. The stopper wasnt centered properly. They have to be perfect and can be pesky.

· Registered
4,071 Posts

I tried it last year and loved it. Then it fell off somewhere in the field. Bummer. Possibly poor placement by me or flimsy glue on the plastic. It has a peel off sticky base.

This year I cleaned the bow well and then used 3M double sided tape to hold it in place. So far so good.

The directions tell you to trim the tips for thicker arrows so that it will release the arrow easier. Works without any adjustments on my slim Easton Axis arrows.

If I turn the bow upside down and shake it well, the arrow will pop out. The rest of the time it stays in place.

Mike

These things are the Cats Pajamas!!! I use one with my drop zone. It's tits mcgee!

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Mike
That is slick. I'll have to order one and give it a shot during out upcoming 3D shoot. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.