Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first post. I have recovered from surgery on my elbow but wound up with some pretty good nerve damage. Its unrepairable and as a result I have lost muscle mass in the arm and in the hand (left side). I want to get back into dots and 3d and need a light bow (physically) because holding my Hoyt Defiant at arms length is dang near impossible. Its simply too heavy. In South Dakota 40# is legal hunting weight so I am looking to keep poundage to 40 or 45#. I am thinking about the Hoyt Trykon Sport. I know its a kiddie bow but the mass is 3.2lb, can shoot 45lbs and the 28" draw works for me. The thing is I think I'll look stupid shooting such a small bow as I am 6' and 300lbs.

So any suggestions for bows? I would also like to keep the cost reasonable because I am still not sure if I will be able to stick with it. If I cant hang I'll be taking up black powder ;)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Welcome to AT :welcomesign::wav: but as far as what bow, who cares what you look like as long as your shooting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I'm really not to worried. I find that since I have become a grandpa I have developed the attitude that I don't have a need to explain myself anymore. Quite freeing actually :D

My main thought is that the bow might be pretty twitchy because it is so short and as a result difficult to shoot. Thanks for the welcome by the way!

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Oh I'm really not to worried. I find that since I have become a grandpa I have developed the attitude that I don't have a need to explain myself anymore. Quite freeing actually :D

My main thought is that the bow might be pretty twitchy because it is so short and as a result difficult to shoot. Thanks for the welcome by the way!
I am 6' 2" and 227# i have tried short axle bows and they can be a little twitchy as you put it..Is there any way you can try to shoot a few bows where you live? any dealers around ? I think a few bows in the 3.5-3.7# weight might work if there not to heavy for you to hold steady, and i know i have seen a few bows on here that might fit the bill..Good luck to you and Welcome ..:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts