·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy foam to customize my bow case? Thanks, heh

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
get the sound insulation stuff they use for guns, when they shoot they put it to the side of them. it is a foam type thing with a bunch of points of the foam comming out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
foam

I too have searched for this stuff. Not easy to find.

I have found 2" thick gray foam(Smooth, Not eggshell type) at a fabric store called Jo-Anns fabrics. I do not know if they are a national chain store or not but there are a bunch located in NY state.

I have found 1/2" thick or so on a roll at lowes or home depot. I think it was furnace filter stuff.

Good luck, If you find a good place please let me know as well.

Mike

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Depending how thick you need, check retail store like Walmart and go in the beding section. They have this eggshell stuff. Looks like it anyway.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yo SOTG we have JO-ANNs fabric stores in Willmar ,MN;) i have seen the right kind of foam in wal mart before;)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Wouldn't an eggshell matress pad work in this situation. You can get different widths, thicknesses, and sizes of this stuff. It's cheap at Wally world. Hope this helps. If you try it let us know how it works out for you. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could try a good camera shop, since "pro" camera cases are generally equipped with this type of padding and they may stock it for relining cases.

Just an idea, haven't looked there myself so let us know if you check it out and find something usable.

Rob

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
case foam

Go to Academy...in your area it might be called Dick's or Jumbo, or Oshman's or something else...it would be a sporting goods superstore...back in the camping stuff they have foam in several thicknesses in sheets of standard size...just cut to fit.

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
heh-

I have purchased foam from foamorder.com as replacement foam for several Pelican cases I bought online. You can choose from a wide variety of foam types as well as custom order the dimensions you need. IIRC, I ordered from the "conventional" foam section. The prices were not at all bad and shipping costs were reasonable.

Hope that helps,

-----
Indychris

·
Registered
450 Posts
if you can fing some one in your town that reupholsters furniture, or better yet does custom car interiors (they usually use a more dense foam than furniture upholsterers).you can get just about any type and density of foam you would like. i made a shot gun case for a freind and got my foam from the local upholstry shop. i used a smooth, soft sheet for the gun to lay on and a very rigid layer on top of that ,cut to the gun's profile. the rigid top layer held the gun in place real firmly and the soft layer cushioned the whole case. i then covered it with red velour. the rigid layer was also allot easier to cover because it held it's shape real good when you had to pull the velour ab bit to get it tight around corners. i used 3-m spray adhesive for the whole project. this was all suggested by the upholsterer and it worked out great. some of the foam is fairly expensive, so ask if he/she has any remnants from other jobs that might work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts