Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what case are you using for the evo? Found out last night that mine will not work due to the pillars inside. Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I use Pole Mountain for all my bows including my EVO. They are great. Someone has a used one for sale here on AT.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Yup, the SKB 4117 model fits the Evolution and Phoenix really really well as long as your stabilizer is on a quick disconnect or is 7" or below (Evo) and 6" or below (Phoenix). Lots of room for arrows and other supplies when needed and built like a tank. I use them as bodyguards for built rigs going back and forth for tune ups/new threads/new acc, etc after the initial sale. I sell them for $135 each but from time to time you can nab one on Amazon for a bit less ($10-15 or so). It's not a "profit center" for me by any means...I just use them to protect the valuable rigs and tunes inside...no better way to send custom built arrows IMO...Jeff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you put a lock on this case? How about air travel?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Can you put a lock on this case? How about air travel?

If it is like all the SKB cases I have then it has lockable latches that are replaceable in case the airline monkeys tear them up....I have several for bows and guns and IMO there is not a better case out there for security and protection of your valued firearms or bows.

Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I will check them out at the ata show, any gonna be there? Merry christmas yall!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

I'm going with unit

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its just a cheaper flambeau case, the cables lay right on the pillars and would be pinched between the top and bottom pillar and the limb pockets wont quite fit in, just a bad fit! Been wanting a better case so I quess no time better than now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well just an FYI the bone collector case will not fit the Evolution either. It would appear any case with pillars will not work due to the fat riser and the short brace ht. There is no where for the pillars to go. Conveniently this just makes me have to purchase another case and let my other Obsession live in the Bone Collector case.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well just an FYI the bone collector case will not fit the Evolution either. It would appear any case with pillars will not work due to the fat riser and the short brace ht. There is no where for the pillars to go. Conveniently this just makes me have to purchase another case and let my other Obsession live in the Bone Collector case.
Yeah, Soybean found out the same way...The SKB 4117 fits them like a glove with stabilizers attached (6" or less) or with a Quick disconnect, and the SKB Hybrid fits them well with up to 8" stabilizers attached or QD's...those are the two that I'm using on client builds. I'm sure there are others out there that will work as well, but like you said, if it has pillars you are SOL...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yeah, Soybean found out the same way...The SKB 4117 fits them like a glove with stabilizers attached (6" or less) or with a Quick disconnect, and the SKB Hybrid fits them well with up to 8" stabilizers attached or QD's...those are the two that I'm using on client builds. I'm sure there are others out there that will work as well, but like you said, if it has pillars you are SOL...
Is that $135 shipped. I never even thought of checking my case. It definitely will not fit when it comes in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have the plano case with the pillars you can move. That should work as well correct?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yup, the SKB 4117 model fits the Evolution and Phoenix really really well as long as your stabilizer is on a quick disconnect or is 7" or below (Evo) and 6" or below (Phoenix). Lots of room for arrows and other supplies when needed and built like a tank. I use them as bodyguards for built rigs going back and forth for tune ups/new threads/new acc, etc after the initial sale. I sell them for $135 each but from time to time you can nab one on Amazon for a bit less ($10-15 or so). It's not a "profit center" for me by any means...I just use them to protect the valuable rigs and tunes inside...no better way to send custom built arrows IMO...Jeff
Jeff, Will these fit the Addictions also?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts