Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who make a good case for a bowtech invasion. I am looking for a case that will hold my bow, quiver and my arrows. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd also look at SKB cases.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I'd also look at SKB cases.
A month ago I would have agreed with you, but not anymore. My buddy and I just got back from Africa this week, and of the 4 bows we took, 3 had damaged rest and one had a destroyed rest.

On our African trip of 2 years ago we had 2 damaged rest.

That's not good enough.

·
Registered
387 Posts
bbjavelina, I'm curious as to which models didn't hold up. What are you planning to use on your next excursion. Cheers, Mugs

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
bbjavelina, I'm curious as to which models didn't hold up. What are you planning to use on your next excursion. Cheers, Mugs
Both cases were 4114 models that carry $1500 content protection. According to SKB you must first file a claim with the air carrier, and depending on the resolution of that claim, then file with SKB.

Continental Airlines allows just a few hours to file a claim on domestic flights and 7 days for international flights. I had no contact with the world while in Africa, so that claim is gone. By the time I got home and unpacked and thought to check my bows I have to send the claim to the airline by next day. Plus, they reguire original proof of purchase for items valued at $100 or higher.

After all is said and done --- I have zero confidence of getting any satisfaction from either the airline or SKB. They make you jump thru so many hoops that it's probably not worth it.

Sure looks good in the advertising, though!

No idea what I may try next. Maybe a Pelican case or just a well packed bow in a soft duffel.

Hope all of you have better luck than my buddy and I.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts