Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vtec needs a safe place to ride on huntin trips. What are some of your recommendations for a decent bow case?

I dont think I need an expensive airline approved one...but one that can take some minor knockin around in the bed of the truck and keep my broadheads/arrows protected. Would be nice if it could hold the bow/12 arrows with broadheads/a bow quiver and a small accessory box of some kind.

Whats out there thats worth spending my hard earned money on?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Plano makes some good cheap cases, with room for a quiver and they have a small box for heads in such in them. If you want something you could drive a car over, go with the Vanguard.

Either way I wouldn't put BH's in with my bow, if the fall out of the holder you could cut your strings to peices in route to you hunting spot.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I would look for a skb on AT classifieds if you ask me, will take some punishment and works on airlines if you ever need to do that, and you can get a good price on one here if you watch.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Just picked up a Doskosport SE 44 camo case from Dick's Sporting Goods for less than $25.00. And it came with a separate arrow case! My Switchback XT likes its new home!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Is that a hard case??thats a really good price, Dicks have some good stuff, I bought a broadhead target from them for cheap, it is not the quality of the Block of course but it still works good.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Dave2,

Yeah, its a "hard" case, I guess. It is made of plastic with foam inserts for arrow storage and a foam "bed" for the bow. The foam bed lifts up so the Velcro straps can be screwed into the plastic "standoffs" (little towers). The straps then go through the foam and you can use 'em to lock down the bow. If you get this case, be careful about screwing the screws all the way down. They are a bit long and will start to come through the front of the case. Big deal...its only $25.00! I used washers under the screws to give more support on the Velcro and to limit the marring of the case front.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts