Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I start very discouraged with a bow company that may be falling from its status as one of the best. Because they do make one of the toughest products around. This company does not listen to the consumer they think they have all the answers to everyone's archery needs. I am usually patient with a company that has as many years in archery as this but this has to be the worst answer I have ever heard. We make bows that are state of the art. They totally side stepped my question or if they would make me a custom bow with my spec's. I was told this would cost me more then what the bow was worth. Great answer. Time for me to take my spec's to BowTech.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have never owned or shot said bow company but i did own an Insanity. You should go shoot an Obsession. Just try it out you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Thats why i build my own! They never listen. Shoot a pro comp elite with RKT cams and you will be absolutely amazed with the draw cycle and speed it puts out.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ray I here ya. I have heard this before about shooting a Pro Comp with RKT Cams. My biggest problem is I am thinking this bow company has the ability to make th bow in question but they seem to just putting bows out with the same speed. By taking brace height away to get the speed they achieved in my mind and thoughts is not the way to go. Going the wrong way. Bows need to fast not saying 350 ibo but at least a 340 or 345 ibo bow 7 or 7.5 inch brace height. I know this can be done with a great hunting bow.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Ray I here ya. I have heard this before about shooting a Pro Comp with RKT Cams. My biggest problem is I am thinking this bow company has the ability to make th bow in question but they seem to just putting bows out with the same speed. By taking brace height away to get the speed they achieved in my mind and thoughts is not the way to go. Going the wrong way. Bows need to fast not saying 350 ibo but at least a 340 or 345 ibo bow 7 or 7.5 inch brace height. I know this can be done with a great hunting bow.

Am i missing the point? Not to start but you seem upset with a company who won't produce something you would like or should be produced? If so they are not in the wrong, its thier company and they make what they think their followers would want if you dont like it there are many other companyies with many more bow configures out there, just cus they wont make what you want dont make them bad.

·
Registered
51,088 Posts
REALLY!!!!!!!! Maybe you had better get yourself a job in the industry or start your own company and show them the error of their ways-----OH wait they already have a successful business and seeing they are right up there making more money than you they must actually know what they are doing. Honestly if you want something that far out then do it yourself. The parts are available. Why do you think some of these guys are doing franken bows??? But these people are very far and few between.
Sorry your totally unreasonable and so is this thread LOL.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,665 Posts

BowTech already had one. It was called the 101st Airborne. It was a very nice bow but the draw was aggressive. I owned 2 of them.

FWIW, with the current technology a bow with your desired specs would have a harsh draw force curve. Now days everyone wants smooth, easy drawing, and quiet.

This is one of the main reasons why we are seeing such short ATA bows as well. Easier to get a few more FPS out of them.

BTW, didn't you just get a new Experience? Most folks are getting 341 to 343 fps with theirs.

Happy Shooting.

Skeet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
you need to contact a bow manufacturer who specializes in custom 1 off bows, not one of the "big 3"
Take the plans for your dream car to ford and see how they laugh. Making your bow, which nobody else will buy, is not what ordinary bow companies are in business for. Their business model requires selling many units in order to keep the doors open.

·
Registered
73 Posts
you need to contact a bow manufacturer who specializes in custom 1 off bows, not one of the "big 3"
Take the plans for your dream car to ford and see how they laugh. Making your bow, which nobody else will buy, is not what ordinary bow companies are in business for. Their business model requires selling many units in order to keep the doors open.
Exactly

·
Registered
219 Posts
Be careful in dealing with Mathewsboy00 also known as pseboy00...bought a bow and set of strings from him and the strings are still MIA after a couple months now.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the question yes I did just buy an Experience. The bow is pretty darn good. I am seeing 308 fps with 340 grain arrow at 60 lbs. 29 inch draw so yeah it is a darn good bow. So far it shoots clean no hiccups.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most bow companies right now have at least a 4 week waiting period. If they can't keep up manufacturing on standard model bows, why would they divert manpower to buid custom bows?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Like he said, because "he" wants one or else he is going to whine about it on AT if they dont.
Most bow companies right now have at least a 4 week waiting period. If they can't keep up manufacturing on standard model bows, why would they divert manpower to buid custom bows?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts