Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are a few drawing that i made up off of the top of my head when i had some time to waste each drawing takes about little more then 2 hours believe it or not. its hard to get a shape that works and looks good for a rizor and also has the strength were it needs it. The cams are probably the hardest part because you have to think a design up and and then imagine what they would look like when the bow is pulled back. its the first cam thats the easy one because the second one has to look the same and be the opposite at the same time. i tried to incorporate what i would want into a bow. and the first pic is the first bow that i attempted to draw haha. anyway enough with the chit chat here are a few. the one is not totally done yet it needs strings. :beer:

Attachments

·
(aka lug nut)
48,296 Posts
here are a few drawing that i made up off of the top of my head when i had some time to waste each drawing takes about little more then 2 hours believe it or not. its hard to get a shape that works and looks good for a rizor and also has the strength were it needs it. The cams are probably the hardest part because you have to think a design up and and then imagine what they would look like when the bow is pulled back. its the first cam thats the easy one because the second one has to look the same and be the opposite at the same time. i tried to incorporate what i would want into a bow. and the first pic is the first bow that i attempted to draw haha. anyway enough with the chit chat here are a few. the one is not totally done yet it needs strings. :beer:
Hello 24hrsparkey:

Not bad for drawing in pencil and by hand.

CNC Machinist has a similar thread,
where he is using professional level AutoCAD type software (computer drawing program)
and he went through at least 4 designs.

Take a look at the progression how the design changed,
each change was an improvement,
to strengthen certain parts,
to adjust limb pocket angles,
to adjust reflex amounts (change brace height).

Your first picture is closest to what could be built and have enough strength.
The limbs are close to the correct thickness, for the length of your riser.

I know these are hand drawn pencil drawings, but the proportions on the first drawing are VERY close
to correct, something that COULD be built.

Remaining drawings,
the limb lengths are out of proportion,
too thin,
too long,
limb pocket angle is too flat.

You definitely have talent.

You should consider a career in engineering.

·
NOCK ON!!!
2,886 Posts
COOL looking drawings!! Like the radical shapes!! NICE!!

·
(aka lug nut)
48,296 Posts
thanks! actually i am going to be a mechanical engineer when im done college hopefully.
EXCELLENT.

I am / was a civil for 25 years, and semi-retired about 2 years ago.
Now, been working as a consultant for a biomedical company,
working with lots of mechanical engineers, designing an artificial disc for the neck (cervical spine).

Since you can visualize so well,
I think you will do just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts