Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking for a first compound bow for my wife, for her to use in both indoor and outdoor target shooting.

She is tall -- has a ~28" draw on her recurve. She needs a lightweight bow (mass weight), and anything over 35 lbs is probably too much draw weight to pull through. She shoots left-handed.

Even though this will be her first compound bow, I would like it to be a nice piece of equipment. She has already qualified as distinguished expert in smallbore rifle, and is doing very well with her recurve so far.

Any suggestions for a bow/stabilizer combination?

Scott

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Contact Pinkfletch, here on the forum. His wife got a new Hoyt with Cam .5 this year and they're selling her other left handed hoyt bow at an incredible price. It's in tip top shape and is tuned to the "nth" degree - you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a 2001 Hoyt MT sport in blue with cammand cams (silver), with 2003 ZR200 limbs that adjust from 26.5-29" draw...drawback is that the limbs are 50-60 and will maybe go down to 45-46# minimum...Bow has wood grips and a Bodoodle pro lite rest (silver) and limbsavers. Asking $150 shipped. Picture at the link below.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28440&highlight=mt+sport

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use a Martin Speed Fire 35/50lb and the draw lentgh is adjustable. It's a honey of a bow. I am currently starting a new E-Store it's under construction but your welcome to take a look. www.dehaenterprises.com If you would like e-mail me for a list of lefties. All my bows are new but the model year is 2002 or older.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts