Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to find my natural grip on my Bowtech OG with a new Loesch low grip. The grip is not as low as my Shrewd grip I have on my Allegiance, but it is much improvement over the factory grip.

I used vaseline ON THE bow grip hand and couldn't seem to keep the grip from trying to ride up into the web region instead of staying centered between the thumb and the lifeline. The pic indicates the draw force would NOT be directly in line with my bow arm. I’m sure it is affecting shot execution repeatability and accuracy.

I tried slightly rotating my bow shoulder, but it was not comfortable. Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the easiest answer is change grips to the Shrewd, but the Loesch is thicker between the riser and hand which has my draw length very close to dead on at this time, (maybe a 1/16 too long). If I switch to a Shrewd grip I'll be about an 3/16 too long.

My Allegiance has 26.5 DL cams and my Old Glory has 27 cams. Both bows are 2005 so I don't have the option of changing modules. :(

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem Solved

I just finished practicing for the first time since my post last night. I had no problem getting the pressure point between the lifelines WITHOUT vaseline. Even though I couldn't get the contact point with vaseline it helped me to know where the tendency for my grip to move was. I just setup with pressure more towards the base of my wrist and it evens out when I get to my anchor.

This test was very helpful so it's definitely going into my bag of tricks. By the way, Javi had mentioned this trick in a post some time ago and I just got around to trying it. I will say there was NO WAY I could get the right pressure point with the vaseline. :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another good pic from KSL's web site.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts