Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I started shooting with a recurve bow four month ago. I shoot almost every day, but few weeks ago I had a strong pain at my shoulder at the lowest part of the deltoid beginning of bicep (sorry I don't know much about anatomy).
When I draw the bow I don't feel any pain at all but when I release and let the bow rotate and then bring my arm down that's the moment when I feel a strong pain.
I asked to all the instructor but they say my shoulder is down and my hand is placed correctly. I've experienced maybe once or twice a day a stab between my thumb and index where the bow lies.
My bow has 23 lb and I am relatively fit.
does anyone else experienced something like this? am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
51,725 Posts
At only 23# I would suggest you consult a doctor. Could it be your form, maybe but it sure sounds like you need to have it checked out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sounds like a form of tendonitis. How many arrows are you shooting? Best cure for tendonitis is rest. Don't shoot if it hurts. Consult a physical or nuero muscular therapist as they can shorten the recovery time.
I agree with Dale, you shouldn't have problems at 23 pounds unless it is something with your form.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts