Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Recently I've noticed that my bow-hand wrist has been aching a bit, and I find myself cracking my wrist more and more. I recently went to a medium-wrist grip on my Mathews and am curious if this could be the reason, or if its just because I'm shooting more. I've shot for 13 years and sometimes I find my self cracking my wrist, but recently it feels a bit worse and I've been shooting a lot more....

Anyone else experience any wrist problems or solutions? Just figured I'd ask and see.....

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
usually 1+1=2, and in your case I would guess that to be true (the new grip).

Work on wrist flexability and see if that helps. It will take a while I imagine. I know my wrist flexability "draws liquid through a straw".
http://www.ergocise.com/wrists.html

·
Registered
971 Posts
How shock and draw cycle stresses affect a particular joint is an affect of your overall biomechanical alignment, however as a rule of thumb a low wrist for a compound shooter will be more repeatable, involve less muscle tension to support. Also if you shoot with a straight locked in elbow you will get less dampening due to elbow movement hence more shock to all joints and shock = pain eventually.
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TCR1 said:
usually 1+1=2, and in your case I would guess that to be true (the new grip).
I'm guessing that its a combo of my new grip and the amount I've been shooting recently. I dont want to get rid of the grip, so I'll work on some excersizes and makin sure my form is good and conisten. Maybe after the season I'll toss the factory grip on and see if that changes anything, but my accuracy is way up with the new one......

Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts