Archery Talk Forum banner

bow help for a new guy

461 Views 14 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  GeekDeer
hi i've been shooting a bow for about 8 years now and i'm looking at getting a new bow, currently have an 05 or 06 bowtech allegience.been a great bow but i'm getting an itch for a new one. i've shot the new reezen and hated the draw cycle. (no offense to those who like it) but i want a smooth draw like the bow i have. i am waiting to shoot a monster even though i heard it draws worse than a reezen. i''m wondering would a am32 fit my bill. any other suggestions.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a Reezen 6.5 a couple of weeks ago and have been very impressed. The draw cycle is tougher than other bows, but after only shooting a few times I am already used to the cycle. Once the Reezen is at full draw it holds like a rock.

· Registered
397 Posts
I compared them both before purchasing the Reezen. There was a lot of vibration after the shot with the DXT(Fully Equiped)... However, the DXT was second on my list behind the Reezen and before all PSE, Ross, and Quest bows.
Vibration on the DXT? Not trying to start a pizzing match, but what was wrong with it? All the DXT's I've shot were absolutely vibration/shock free. Mine is dead in the hand fully equipped. Just curious.

· Registered
20,527 Posts
The bowtech Captain is great and Admiral is as great!! I have shot the Monster and it had a really bad draw cycle at the end. The am32 is a great drawing bow! I'd say stick with bowtech

· Registered
60 Posts
One of my friends just bought the Bone Collector edition Alphamax for his wife. It's a beautiful bow. I had the chance to shoot it over the weekend. Very smooth! Nice valley, solid back wall and no noticable vibration. Probable the nicest drawing bow I've shot of the 2009 models. One thing I would have to say though... I shot it with a Fuse stabilizer on it and it was steady as could be. When I took it off, the bow tended to float all over the place a bit. Made it tough to stay on target. Other wise it's a great bow. And thats all coming from a Bowtech owner!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.