Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should a bow be stored on a hook or nail through the cam, it seems like I read somewhere that that wasn't the proper way to hang them.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I use rubber coated hook

Either hung off cam or infront of cam off the limbs

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
It's totally fine to hang them from the cam. Just be sure to have some kind of coating on the hook.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There's more energy stored in that string at brace than what you are exerting on it by hanging it by the cam. Like others said though, don't want to scratch or mar anything so some type of coating or vinyl tubing over whatever you are hanging from would be a good idea.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've always hung mine from the cams without problem. Like the others said, I use a rubber coated hook.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
rubber coated hook by the cam. I see lots of pro shops doing the same thing. I had this same feeling your having awhile back but then realized lots of other folks are hanging their bows from the cam. iam very gentle w/ my bow when i'm hanging it up tho. I have a hanger outside when i'm shooting of the deck and I almost always hang it by the limbs or through the hole in the riser.

·
Registered
325 Posts
All the guys at the range I went to had these huge phone tower things that kept their bow from falling over. I tried with mine but the 6 inch balancer wasn't enough. I settled with hanging mine by the coated hook. Felt weird since I was the only one doing that.

Thanks for asking this.

·
Hunter of many things
12,122 Posts
I hang by the riser. Dont want to scratch or damage my cam. I made this for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I have a few hanging from the cam on a coated hook and one hanging horizontally on 2 hooks by the string

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts