Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
You don't want too many you need a clear sight picture. I would say at the most 3 pins but you could def do 2.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Its okay as long as you don't move the forth pin atfer the shoot starts!

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I don't know how good you are but I'll give you some advise. If you are a guy that will always be finishing at the top and winning alot its better to stay away from a site like that! If you win people will pick your bow apart looking for any reason that you beat them, you are better off not having anything for them to gripe about.

·
Keep'n Archery Real
4,287 Posts
I was all like, "I want to take a class on bowhunting!!!"

And then I was like, "ohhhh........."

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't know how good you are but I'll give you some advise. If you are a guy that will always be finishing at the top and winning alot its better to stay away from a site like that! If you win people will pick your bow apart looking for any reason that you beat them, you are better off not having anything for them to gripe about.
Ya good point! And it kinda stinks cause now so many people have adjustable sights. Out of my buddies I'm the only one that has all fixed sights.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
How many pins will they allow in Bow Hunter Class?
And assuming you are talking about NFAA type competition, BOWHUNTER style does not allow sights.

You may be referring to Bowhunter Freestyle or Bowhunter Freestyle Limited that use sights with 5 fixed pins - cannot be moved after first arrow shot for score (which means they COULD be moved during or just after the practice ends or practice target if you are shooting an event that allows practice. For 3D events, it would mean you can't move any pins after you go out on the course).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts