Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many bowhunters would favor some sort of accuracy test before being issued a license. I can see both sides of the issue. I was at a local range last week and watched a few guys "tune-up" for the upcoming season. Some of these guys could not hit a normal sized paper plate from twenty yards. It got me to wondering how many animals are wounded each year by hunters who cannot place an arrow where they want to. Like I said, I can see both sides of the issue. I know there are deer that are wounded with rifles also. I think you can bring down a deer with a poor shot with a rifle easier than with a bow but I have not statistics to back that up. I have heard that some states have a test like this. If any of you know about them, please post which states and what the test involves. Also, please post your opinion on this subject.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
look here

See "SHOOTING TEST" post

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
no way

Guys why would you want to see more government regulation on our sport? We can't put every aspect of like including hunting into neat little boxes. There is a big difference between shooting accurately at a target and a live animal anyway. Unfortunately, you are going to have "hunters" that don't care to perform their best regardless of their weapon of choice.

I say no to more regulation, so no test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts