Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty good chance of drawing an Iowa tag this year for Zone 10. Has anyone hunted Zone 10 in the past and had any luck? Any stories, pictures or tips would be much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Iowa

I'd move your post to the Bowhunting forum. I would bet you'll get a mess of answers there.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like a good idea. I don't know how to move this to a new thread so if a MOD sees this please move into Bowhunting Forum if possible. If someone knows how to move threads I would appreciate it if they would educate me on this

Thanks

Ricky

·
Go Noles!
1,207 Posts
Hunted 9

I don't know about 10 but I hunted 9 last year and it was the best hunt I have ever been on. We went in early November and the rut was absolutely rockin'. I can't tell you how many deer I saw every day. My Dad took a 155 class and I took a 10 point.

·
Independent bowhunter
2,082 Posts
I have been hunting 10 for 35 years, I shot a buck the grossed 161 last fall off my land, I have shot lot of good bucks over the years hunting my land and public land in zone 10, its not like southern or northeastern Iowa, but it can be pretty good bowhuntin if you no what your doing, type of bucks that I hunt are in the 125 to 150 class, their is a lot of pressure here during the gun seasons because of the open country, the deer don`t have many places to find safety,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts