Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good shot placement and would rage 2 blades be good? Headed to the yukon in a week. Any info would be great! Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ask your outfitter. Stand clear when you ask him about Rages, so that you don't get hit accidentally as he bends over and slaps his knee laughing. I'm half kidding; don't know for sure, but I think this would be highly inadvisable.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Dont even think about a quartering to shot!!!!!!!!! There is a very thick suit of armor up there that you willl not believe untill you tag one and get a look.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think if you leave in a week you should have done your homework a long time ago JMO

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Shoot them right into the garbage can....... Just kidding, anything that will kill a deer will kill a moose. It's all about shot placement.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
You might what to check with him and make sure he will allow the rages. Some outfitters wont allow open on impact heads. I do know muzzys work great!:wink:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Are they even legal in the Yukon? I know you didn't ask this, but I will say that I had a complete passthrough on a moose with a 125 gr Slicktrick mag. Just a thought.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have hunted moose for 20 years now with gun and bow. A moose rib is pretty big compared to a bear or deers, all of my partners and my self use fixed blade broadheads. One last thing just last week two of my good friends returned from africa and they used rage broad heads for a few of their animals and said that the rage's didn't perform very well on these larger sized animals. They both said they wouldn't even think of using them on moose. Use muzzy's JMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have used muzzys and have them, that is what I was thinking but just wanted to know if anyone had used Rage on moose? I will go with the muzzys then Thanks Nicodemo.

·
Hero for Hire
1,322 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts