Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it my bow shoots great at 10 15 20 yards but when I go 30 + everything is to the left about 6 inches. Anyone know how to fix this.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Aside from timing and torque issues,maybe try walkback tuning,you may need to move your rest to the right a little.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your site? Try adjusting your sight small increments at 30 until you hit the bullseye and then shoot at 20 and see where you hit. At 30 yards even a little adjustment might move it over enough and still be able to hit the bullseye at 20 yards. Or it could be your centershot, if it is off it could cause your arrow to go right or left at longer distance. Are you consistently hitting the same spot at 30?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gears are timed perfect and I'm pretty sure I'm not hand torqueing the shot.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
What kind of bow do you have that has gears?????

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
What is you draw length, draw weight of the bow, and what kind of arrow and weight of tip are you using?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read the nuts and bolts of archery and changed the way I anchor and it helped still slightly off though.

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,591 Posts
posted same time sorry, you might need to go to a 340 shaft, your a tad under spined, also check your center shot

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,591 Posts
There is alot of small things that will change an arrows flight, things to look for is how much helical you on your vanes epsecially tipped with broadheads, your center shot,
the most important is to make sure your arrow is spined right, I feel you are just tad under. try walk back tuning to get your rest close.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Center shot, hand torque, bow hand drop, under spined or all the above. Nut and Bolts is a great resource!
Move your rest 1 moose pubic hair width to the right and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts