Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my two favorite options for a new bow right now are the Bowtech Experience or the Bowtech CPXL. Both have 7" brace height and both shoot similar speeds. But the CPXL is 3 inches longer. I have had the opportunity to shoot the Experience and loved it (draw and on the shot), but have only shot on the range at 10 yards. Nobody has Insanity XL bows near me, so I haven't been able to shoot one. I like the Experience over the regular Insanity.

My draw length is 29.5" and I like to shoot far a lot, regularly practicing at 80-100 yards. I'd appreciate any thoughts on comparing these two bows (Experience and Insanity XL) and also what I might expect for differences in accuracy with the shorter Experience (32" ata) and the longer Insanity (35"). Both would be 70lbs at 29.5".

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If you shoot at that distance a lot, the CPXL will naturaly be the right choice.
The longer the bow, the more forgiving.

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,753 Posts
I shot both.. both are great bows but I chose the Cpxl. I think it draws smoother and holds on target better.I will give the nod to the experience on being quieter.. not substantial but quieter. I have my Cpxl set up at 62# @ 28.5" with a 395 grain arrow @ 289fps. I personally think the Cpxl holds on target better for me then any other Bowtech I've owned or shot. Both are great bows and don't think you will go wrong either way

·
Banned
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I haven't shot the CPXL and didn't love the regular Insanity, I'm nervous about putting in an order. I guess the Insanity Cpx and Cpxl are very different bows tho

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
The CPX and CPXL are completely different bows. No comparison. One shot was all I needed to know that the CPX wasn't for me. I have a CPXL. I haven't shot an Experience so can't help you there.

I can tell you that you should try to find a CPXL to shoot. You can't get any kind of comparison from the CPX.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have the cpxl and really like the bow .As stated above totally different bow from cpx. Find one shoot them both before purchase.Have not shot the experience. Usually keep same bow about 5 years before buying new.

·
Banned
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had my shop order one, and when it gets in I'll compare the Experience and the CPXL. But it's going to be a few weeks :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts