Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have abow that has 16 inch solid bow lims, can I use a 16 inch limb from another mfg ? Is there a standard when they mfg so they are the same as for width of the limb and position in the limb for the wheel to be hung etc...my thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
if it is the same width is the same and where it sets in the pocket i dont see my not dave Barnsdale makes limes for all bows

runawayXs

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
As far as I know, no. A 16" limb is just that, 16". I do not believe there is any standard in terms of limb widths (to fit in the pockets), depth in the forks at the tips (for clearance cam to cam), width at the forks, any of that stuff. On top of that, each company has their own means of numbering their limbs to determine which set of limbs on which bow gets what draw poundage. And lastly, the angle of the limb pocket and I'm sure a number of other factors determines how the company builds their limbs - needing to take into account where on the limb the flex points are, etc.

In other words, just because you have a 16" solid glass limb made for your bow does not necessarily mean any other bow manufacturer's 16" solid glass limbs will work on your bow.

My understanding anyways...............................

>>------->

1 - 3 of 3 Posts