Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I purchased the bow madness DVD by Drury. Finally got around to watching it the other day...
:thumbs_do

I was thinking that it would be a little like the Primos bowhunting videos. Not even close.
It's actually the BowMadness TV show moved onto a DVD and includes all the intros, the over-the-top PSE/rage marketing, the show credits, super basic archery tips, the flashbacks to the last episode (that you just watched), the funky little scene transitions and 'spacers' (where presumably there were commercials when it screened on TV), repeatedly, ad nauseum and again and again.

Very disappointing.
Trust me, do not watch this without your remote in hand and your finger on the fast forward button - you'll become an expert at using it. :wink:

That being said, there are some good hunts and an impressive 40yd shot on a walking gobbler, without any ground blind assistance. I wish they had formatted the content more appropriately for the media on which it was distributed ....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I was pretty happy with the DVD I got, but then again we don't get ANY bow hunting tv over here, so it was pretty good. Its easy having low standards when there are no standards :D
Like the avatar, Ks, you from NZ?

·
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was pretty happy with the DVD I got, but then again we don't get ANY bow hunting tv over here, so it was pretty good. Its easy having low standards when there are no standards :D
Like the avatar, Ks, you from NZ?
Yep - I've been to Piopio too. Long time ago when I was on the pest board, we had a TB operation around the Te Kuiti area for a few weeks...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not Thrilled

I wasn't to thrilled myself. I thought it was going to be a Disc on just the Bowmadness, you know like setup ideas an telling about the bow NOT A TV SHOW. I never watch Drury anyhow personely i think thier kind of gay, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
I wasn't to thrilled myself. I thought it was going to be a Disc on just the Bowmadness, you know like setup ideas an telling about the bow NOT A TV SHOW. I never watch Drury anyhow personely i think thier kind of gay, just my opinion.
Nice! :thumbs_do They are members and a sponser here too. If you don't care for them no biggie but personal insults are uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Ya thats not a great comment to make and I believe they are married anyway and when I saw the title Bow Madness I knew it was going to be the tv show did it not say like season 1 or 2 or whatever?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
crap thats why i dont buy there stuff anymore
used to be good longbeard madness isn t that bad
Hunter specialites is great
primos is good
swd was alright if you can stand them talking to each other
relentless pursuit , tim wells is the man
arrow affliction is a good new show

·
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! :thumbs_do They are members and a sponser here too. If you don't care for them no biggie but personal insults are uncalled for.
I didn't mean for the thread to be anything personal.

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
not a fan of the dury stuff but anyone is going to have a tuff time when your using primos hunting series as the bar....love the truth dvd's....some of the best in the business...:)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I agree, A LOT of advertising goes down with the Drury's. I think they will own PSE soon. I like watching their shows for Missouri Hunts, and the fact they use bows. I can't stand watching gun hunts, IMO the Primos Gang is hard to watch, still wish Double Bull hadn't sold out, but buisness wise It was a great move and They are still making their OWN DVD's which is awesome.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Drury has a good production has good coverage of season and what goes into it. They represent family and friends which I believe is the utmost factor. I do however dislike that they advertise so strongly and I get irritated when they pass a 3 1/2 buck because he aint 4 or 5. I think that doesnt represent the majority of the hunting public,but hey if I had my own slice of Iowa or Missouri heaven I would probaly do the same.

Primos man I love Will Primos he is always having fun and I like the way it always seems like they are 1 big family. I prefer to watch bowhunting but I gunhunt a little too and feel I should support both for the future of our sport period..

Just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Hoyt and rocket used to be the ticket, but PSE and Rage are the best thing in the world now!!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
The sponsors sure get their money's worth with the Drurys.

I don't mind Terry & Mark but the over advertising makes me sick. God forbid we go hunting without Scent Blocker on.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
come on watch some dan fitzgerald movies brown its down
no more inch miniumums
brown its down

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Barry and Gene Wenzel some of my favorite videos.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
not a fan of the dury stuff but anyone is going to have a tuff time when your using primos hunting series as the bar....love the truth dvd's....some of the best in the business...:)
yeah they push products to much and remember dream season. it was always about how people got started into hunting. who cares just hunt. My brother got one with his bow and he didnt even like it. I get tired of the pse pushing after a while.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't like to criticize someone's hard work, I know they can't please everybody. But while we're on the subject, their a little to Metro for me, I'd rather see some good ol country boys git r done myself. And don't talk so dang much, pse pse pse pse pse, geez.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
i think it is funny how basic their "tips" are. use a d-loop, if ur string is hitting your arm, wear an armguard... all common sense.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts