Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a bow master bow press work with my Prodigy? It says it's good for 6* past parallel limbs.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I would not use one of these, I had one fly off of a PSE, it was ugly! Look at the RAM, about $90, but what is your face worth?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've never used one, but that Ram looks scary to me where it puts the pressure. Take a look at the Nighthawk if you're wanting a portable press. It will put the pressure out on the tips from what I understand about them.

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,084 Posts
I've never used one, but that Ram looks scary to me where it puts the pressure. Take a look at the Nighthawk if you're wanting a portable press. It will put the pressure out on the tips from what I understand about them.
Not really. Nite hawk press still puts pressure on the middle of your limbs. Probably less then Ram but still does.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,352 Posts
Will a bow master bow press work with my Prodigy? It says it's good for 6* past parallel limbs.
Bowtech Prodigy is using the Bowtech OverDrive cams, with the pillow block on top of the limb tips. That pillow block is what will cause you trouble.

Buy a full size fingertip linear bow press, or build the $20 Pipe Clamp press.

Yes, that is a BowTech with OverDrive cams in the $20 Pipe Clamp bow press.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Bowtech Prodigy is using the Bowtech OverDrive cams, with the pillow block on top of the limb tips. That pillow block is what will cause you trouble.

Buy a full size fingertip linear bow press, or build the $20 Pipe Clamp press.

Yes, that is a BowTech with OverDrive cams in the $20 Pipe Clamp bow press.
Lol that looks ghetto as all H but I kind of like it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really lookin for a por table press. Just found the synumn & they said it would work with my Prodigy & Balistic & my sons craze. Anybody use one of these?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Really lookin for a por table press. Just found the synumn & they said it would work with my Prodigy & Balistic & my sons craze. Anybody use one of these?
I have a synumn bow press. It works very well. I have used it to change strings on a PSE Supra MAX and a Strother Wrath. I've done tuning on a Prime Rival and the two previously mentioned bows. Heck, I have used it to completely tear down my Supra when I was swapping cams.

Having said that, I can be a hassle as it has to be adjusted for each bow. It also is not quick to make adjustments, at least not as quick as something like an EZ Press. Of course $99 vs $399 (for the green).

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get myself a full press, as my local shop has just sold, so I'm guessing I won't have free access to the press anymore, I still did/do a lot at home with my Synumn, but I always had that as a back up.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
I used a bowmaster on a couple Bowtechs and it worked fine.

5845fe24ecba37ff45940d68b80ca593.jpg

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have a synumn bow press. It works very well. I have used it to change strings on a PSE Supra MAX and a Strother Wrath. I've done tuning on a Prime Rival and the two previously mentioned bows. Heck, I have used it to completely tear down my Supra when I was swapping cams.
Oh, I also own a Bowmaster and used it on the Wrath and a Parker bow I used to own. It is fine for what it is, but isn't capable of a full tear down, and was a lot more of a PITA to use than the Synumn. If you want compact and portable, the Synumn will do pretty much everything.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

This would be ideal. Prototype Synumn press hooks, with a hinged finger. Never made it to production.

Gen 1 Synunm finger on the right. Gen 2 Synunm finger in the middle. Prototype finger just for BowTech OverDrive cams on the left.
Would you like to sell them?

·
Registered
623 Posts
With the black limb adapter I think they r the new style I pressed my cpxl all the time but don't use the short silver ones don't ask me how I know but the new black ones I'd press it any day of the week

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wentered with the Synumn. Works good. Would be great if the fingers wasn't so far apart. It catches on the inside edge of both fingers with my Prodigy. Wonder if I could bent them closer together?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts