Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that use them are they accurate? If so what make/model and is it worth the money?

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
I have a radar chron and it works just fine, pretty darn accurate at least compared to the other chrono I have, they never read more than about 1 fps different

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I had one before. I found it to be fairly accurate. It was more consistent for me when I extended it. It was a while back but I think I extended it about a foot or so from the bow.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I have a radar unit and it's about 8fps sllow. Checked my bow at bow tech factory. 289. My unit reads 281. New battery may be needed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
breathn has posted on chrony's , as have ex-wolverine and several others, their advice is good. shoot through the top 3rd of your chrony, if you can't sell it and get a new one, or just add 8 fps.... lol

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I used the radar chron back when I played paintball. It was pretty darn close to any of the field chronographs. The archery ones are the same thing so should work good.
Same here found them accurate with the paintball guns

9,036 Posts
Had a radar chrono to mount on the bow and for a while it worked just fine...about 6 months. And then the bad readings started. It is a great device but I found it unreliable. So...the pro-chrono was purchased and I have had accurate readings ever since. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a radar chrono and put a 3" extension on the extension it came with. The puts it about 12" out from the bow. It's been very accurate and consistent since putting that extension on. The key is making sure it is lined up correctly with the arrow path. I have used it to print off sight tapes for several bows and bee on out to 100yrds. Get the same readings as as my pro chrono and is easier to use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got one myself and like it also got a 11" extention to use with the one it comes with, felt it was reading a little on the slow side but we will see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts