Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a mount to hold my bow possibly arrows too. Has anyone done this or have ideas?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

I built this with a 1 x 6... I would use a 1 x 8 now for more arrows on the side... cut a 1.25” slot in the bottom for the cam to slip through and then screw it together. I use a very small eye screw and a hook or small carabiner to clip to string

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows

·
Registered
Mathews Triax 53" /bear Legion 52"
109 Posts

I built this with a 1 x 6... I would use a 1 x 8 now for more arrows on the side... cut a 1.25” slot in the bottom for the cam to slip through and then screw it together. I use a very small eye screw and a hook or small carabiner to clip to string

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows

Excellent

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Is it sitting on the limbs then?
Yes... no different than any other bow holder really or hanging from the cams... been hanging like this for years with zero issues

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows
That looks great!! I've been thinking of a similar idea.. only I want it to run the length of the wall and hold as many bows as possible. I thought about a long shelf for the cams to rest on and a board running parallel above it with the hooks. I was planning on just a hook to hold the string, but really like the eyelet and carabiner idea and will probably use that. I haven't decided if I should cut the slots for the cams all the way through or just a recess so they can't slide.
Would you mind sharing a couple pics of the cam area and where it hooks the string?

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
That looks great!! I've been thinking of a similar idea.. only I want it to run the length of the wall and hold as many bows as possible. I thought about a long shelf for the cams to rest on and a board running parallel above it with the hooks. I was planning on just a hook to hold the string, but really like the eyelet and carabiner idea and will probably use that. I haven't decided if I should cut the slots for the cams all the way through or just a recess so they can't slide.
Would you mind sharing a couple pics of the cam area and where it hooks the string?

I’ll be glad to... let me get some later and post tonight

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

Here you go.. took me about 20 min to make and then twice as long to sand stain and seal with lacquer

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Here you go.. took me about 20 min to make and then twice as long to sand stain and seal with lacquer

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows
Exccellent job and Thank you for the pics, I'm definitely using the caribeaner idea.

·
Caution! Sardonicism!
18,929 Posts

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows
That’s Slick. Simple and straightforward.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks good but with it sticking that far out from the wall I'd be worried about bumping it and bending a cam.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wood mount looks amazing. Awhile back I saw where someone built one for cheap out of PVC pipe. It seemed pretty simple to build and cheap if cost is an issue. Ill have to see if I can find the original post.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts