Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone names their bows like people name their cars? If so, what is it's name and what model is it?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
My buddy has a blue PSE Olympic recurve riser target set-up, using PSE limbs, that We call "The Blue Meanie"...It's a factory experimental riser, and it has a "Horn" like beam that comes up from the riser, to just under the grip, out in front, that the stabilizer mounts to...Remember the Blue Meanies, from the Beatles cartoon movie, The Yellow Submarine??...The were blue,(obviously!.L.O.L.) and were big headed, and had long noses...Hence the name...I had a Hoyt AeroTec recurve for a while, it was black fade to flames...I called it "Flo-Jo", after the late great Olympic sprinter, Florence Johnson...It was lean, beautiful, fast, and had a nice curve in the back, (due to the TEC bridge)....Just like FloJo...I dont seem to be able to keep a compound bow long enough to get sentementally attached to it enough to name it...., Except my old Scepter, I call it "Old Faithfull"....I have a Martin Bushmaster flatbow that I call "Thumper".................Harperman

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Are you two serious ??? I have names for all my bows too.

1. Alphamax 35
2. Vectrix XL
3. Xtec
4. ProElite.........Nuff said ???

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Are you two serious ??? I have names for all my bows too.

1. Alphamax 35
2. Vectrix XL
3. Xtec
4. ProElite.........Nuff said ???
...Hoythunter01...You call Your ProElite "Nuff Said"??...Thats a funny name for a bow!!...L.O.L..Harperman

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
...Hoythunter01...You call Your ProElite "Nuff Said"??...Thats a funny name for a bow!!...L.O.L..Harperman
That was pretty ironic wasnt it:p I call mine all kinds of names if "im" not shooting well:confused: My buddy calls my pro-elite "an efing star wars contraption". He will just never understand:rolleyes:

Derek

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Yea, that's it's name.....I know what your saying when you cuss them out. We all have them names for our bows.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I dropped my raptor out of the stand several years back and I called it every curse name in the book that I could think of!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts