Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my little brother into bowhunting. He wants a bow badly, but his interest in hunting to this point has always involved a gun. I am wondering if anybody out there has a bow that they are trying to get rid of that would fit him. He is turning 13 yrs old, but is a big boy. He can probably already pull 55 lbs. but now a little lighter might be nice. Draw length btwn 25"-28".... I am looking on ebay, without much success. Any help would be appreciated, even with reccomendations on bow types that fit this inbetween age. I don't have much money, but wouold consider many offers very seriously. I obviously am not prepared to drop 700 bucks on his first bow though.lol..thanks in advance. pm me if you wish

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,637 Posts
Check out the classifieds on here or put an ad in that section in the WTB bows section. I am sure someone will get in touch with you.

You'll get more hits on your thread in that section than in this section on here.

link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Good luck and I hope you can convert him over to a bowhunter, I do both but really prefer archery over gun, love the challenge!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I am trying to get my little brother into bowhunting. He wants a bow badly, but his interest in hunting to this point has always involved a gun. I am wondering if anybody out there has a bow that they are trying to get rid of that would fit him. He is turning 13 yrs old, but is a big boy. He can probably already pull 55 lbs. but now a little lighter might be nice. Draw length btwn 25"-28".... I am looking on ebay, without much success. Any help would be appreciated, even with reccomendations on bow types that fit this inbetween age. I don't have much money, but wouold consider many offers very seriously. I obviously am not prepared to drop 700 bucks on his first bow though.lol..thanks in advance. pm me if you wish
For his age I'd recommend a Browning Micro Midas. That won't set you back that much and it has a large range of DL and DW adjustments for him to grow with. Both my sons grew up with one and the bow is definitely huntable.

·
74,535 Posts

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
What might your budget be? Can you do your own bow work?

That way we can help you put the best bow(for your money) into your brother's hands. And depending on your experience working with bows, you can buy all the accessories on here as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.