Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:smile: I recently purchased a new 05 Ben Pearson Spoiler. It has Limb savers and string leaches on it. I'm shooting Beeman ICS hunter arrows through a Whisker Biscuit QS rest useing a Tru Fire Hurricane Buckle release. I'm getting noise as the arrow is releasted.Could the sound be from the rest as the arrow passes through it? Everthing is tight on the bow so I really don't know what else it could be. It doesn't have a stabilizer on it. Would that possibly help and what kind do you suggest? Any and all help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Is there anyone here that shoots a Ben Pearson bow or some help for me? I had my son listen as I shot it today and he said it sounded like PFTTTT when I released the arrow. This is only my third post and haven't gotten one responce to my original post. I feel like a red headed step child.:cry:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE THE W.B BUT I'VE NEVER SHOT A W.B. MAYBE THROW A DIFFERENT REST ON FOR A TRAIL RUN. OH YEAH TRY COLORING THAT HAIR FOR A BETTER REPLY:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,
I found a Ben Pearson dealer in my area so will be taking it to them later on today.
Can anyone suggest another capture type rest that doesn't make any noise? I'm not too fond of the prong type rests.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Everybody always hears some kind of noise;)

Accessories are usually responsible for 90+% of bow noise:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
meanv2,
It makes alot more noise than my old Jennings Speedstar XLR which also had a Whisker Biscuit rest on it. On another forum the members were saying how quiet the Ben Pearson bows are so I don't think it's the bow itself.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Only way sometimes to find the culprit is to eliminate accessories one at a time.:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I used to

shoot a WB and it made a ton of noise especially with vanes. It also tore vanes up rather routinely, except for blazers. The other option that I opted for was feathers which held up better and made less sound passing through the rest. Now I shoot a captured drop away. hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took my bow to Ben Pearson shop yesterday. I mentioned that I had read somewhere that one of Ben Pearsons pro staff changes his cable guide to a Mathews before he ever shoots his bow. The dealer put on a Simms cable guide and the noise was gone. Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts