Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the first time the temperature has been down in the teens. i went out to shoot my bow today and i noticed it was very loud compared to how it usually is. the best way i can describe this sound is when you shoot an arrow with a loose fletching or really loud string slap. i have not replaced my strings in a good year or longer. is this noise due to the cold weather or is this a sign of something else? perhaps a new string?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
this is the first time the temperature has been down in the teens. i went out to shoot my bow today and i noticed it was very loud compared to how it usually is. the best way i can describe this sound is when you shoot an arrow with a loose fletching or really loud string slap. i have not replaced my strings in a good year or longer. is this noise due to the cold weather or is this a sign of something else? perhaps a new string?
Cold weather means warm clothes. Any chance the string is hitting the sleeve of your bow arm jacket?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope. i just got back from the pro shop which they said i was in need of a new string. iv had this string for two years and they figured that was the problem to all the noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts